Apartheid rears its ugly head as protests descend into violence in South Africa
It is feared that South Africa may be on its way to a new Apartheid after protests about free education continue to descend into violence.
Riot police fired tear gas and rubber bullets while students threw stones at a building at the University of Witwatersrand, Johannesburg.
Several universities across the country have been forced to close as a result of demonstrations.
Many students want to return to class, but have been prevented as a result of the demonstrations.
On Monday, huge groups of students confronted police and campus security while violence spilled out into the surrounding... read more
- 08:00 Arsenal legend Lauren tells Arsene Wenger he’s ready to play to...
- 07:59 Man discovers bomb in his garden while digging for an extension
- 07:59 Traffic and travel around Burton and South Derbyshire this morning,...
- 07:58 Police return to hospital over new saline bags scare
- 07:58 Cumbrian bus route facing the axe saved at 11th hour
- 07:58 Sunshine and colder conditions
- 07:57 Cinema listings
- 07:56 The morning news headlines:
- 07:55 Ashley Young ready to quit Manchester United to earn £5...
- 07:54 Tesco recall ready meal over allergy risk
- 07:54 Chelsea defender deal: Star explains why he’s snubbed the Blues
- 07:54 Number of homeowners moving house falls for the first time in five...
- 07:54 Are you a buy-to-let mortgage prisoner? Brokers warn rising number...
- 07:54 Wife pays tribute to her 'gentle giant' war veteran husband
- 07:54 The hottest investment trusts revealed: Contrarian Murray...
- 07:54 New Grimsby Town midfielder Jamey Osborne can't wait for his...
- 07:54 Five rip-offs and financial wrongs that need to end: From ticket...
- 07:54 Grimsby Town boss eyeing TWO more signings in January window
- 07:53 Three-car crash on A19 LIVE: Lane closed near Sunderland causing...
- 07:53 The morning news headlines: Donald Trump vows to unify the US as he...
- 07:53 Sunshine and colder conditions
- 07:51 New coffee shop in Preston is taking shape
- 07:51 Historic Newsome Mill ponds saved from developers
- 07:50 Cameron House reveals plans for lochside terrace revamp
- 07:50 Liverpool News: Big transfer claim, Premier League title blow,...
- 07:50 Pundit reveals why Manchester City will struggle against Tottenham...
- 07:49 UPDATE 1-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Jan 20
- 07:49 Donald Trump Inauguration: 'America steps into the unknown'
- 07:47 Manchester United transfer odds on top summer signings including...
- 07:46 Generosity of fundraisers enables mum to stand up fully again