Any ECB scheme to buy stocks could total 200 billion euros - ABN AMRO
Any stock-buying scheme by the European Central Bank could total around 200 billion euros (£172.58 billion), much larger than its programme to buy top-rated corporate bonds, Dutch bank ABN AMRO said on Wednesday
The ECB is widely expected to extend its 1.7 trillion euro (£1.47 trillion) asset purchase programme given still low inflation and tepid economic growth, both of which the programme is designed to combat. A scarcity of eligible bonds for purchase, however, means there has been growing focus on alternative options.
Analysts say these could include large-scale share buying via equity... read more
- 13:15 Police appeal after two suffer multiple injuries in Kidderminster...
- 13:15 What is Laylat al-Qadr? This is what happened in Birmingham as...
- 13:15 Finsbury Park terror attack victim 'died of multiple injuries'
- 13:15 Grenfell blaze: MP wants sprinklers fitted to all Birmingham's 213...
- 13:15 Hospice of the Good Shepherd has a brand new Skoda up for grabs
- 13:15 How to keep your EU citizenship rights after Brexit
- 13:15 easyJet flight made emergency landing after two women had a midair...
- 13:14 Doncaster factory workers get on their bikes for 110 mile charity...
- 13:14 Vote for your top curry house in Harrogate
- 13:12 The silence of stillbirth
- 13:12 Southern rail: Report into disruption is 'attack on staff'
- 13:12 Family of Finsbury Park attack victim say he lived life...
- 13:12 Phillip Schofield SNAPS at Trinny Woodall over THIS shock comment…
- 13:12 Peter Vincenti 'delighted' to sign for Coventry City from Rochdale
- 13:11 Investigation under way after burglary at Harrogate store
- 13:10 Appeal following theft of trailer
- 13:10 ‘How is the man I saved on the beach?’
- 13:09 Fun and games are in store at this year’s Greenlaw Festival
- 13:09 U.N. blames warring sides for Yemen's "man-made" cholera "catastrophe"
- 13:09 Iconic Cumbrian common leased to trust.
- 13:07 Barcelona reject Manchester United's offer for Andre Gomes -...
- 13:07 Campaigners win latest battle in High Court to stop Catesby's...
- 13:07 The heatwave is over - so when is it going to rain in Leicester?
- 13:07 Watch Leicester kids tell off selfish and dangerous drivers outside...
- 13:07 Brave Uppingham mum who raised thousands for brain tumour charity...
- 13:06 On set with the stars of BBC TV's hit drama The A Word
- 13:06 Survey reveals Warwickshire adults lost £9 million to cyber crime
- 13:06 Woman injured after crash in Morecambe
- 13:06 Space trip for Banbury Space Studio pupils
- 13:05 Armed police search house after reports of man with a gun - only to...