Any ECB scheme to buy stocks could total 200 billion euros - ABN AMRO
Any stock-buying scheme by the European Central Bank could total around 200 billion euros (£172.58 billion), much larger than its programme to buy top-rated corporate bonds, Dutch bank ABN AMRO said on Wednesday
The ECB is widely expected to extend its 1.7 trillion euro (£1.47 trillion) asset purchase programme given still low inflation and tepid economic growth, both of which the programme is designed to combat. A scarcity of eligible bonds for purchase, however, means there has been growing focus on alternative options.
Analysts say these could include large-scale share buying via equity... read more
- 06:11 Don’t miss out on chance to have your say on keeping Hartlepool safe
- 06:11 Motorist caught by police while under the influence of drugs
- 06:11 Retirement age for police power station workers to be reviewed
- 06:11 MP calls for services to be brought back to Hartlepool’s hospital
- 06:11 People from Hartlepool in court for charges including theft and...
- 06:11 Hartlepool has one of the highest rates in the North East for...
- 06:09 Karate kids kick off season in style
- 06:09 Playwright aims to tell story of pioneering female footballer
- 06:09 Disabled man’s seat sparks safety row at South Shields flats
- 06:09 South Tyneside has region’s lowest rate of secondary school exclusions
- 06:09 New figures show big increase in cyber sex offences against children
- 06:07 Sunderland manager Chris Coleman praises ‘brilliant’ night at...
- 06:06 Roving night shelter set to launch in Wellingborough soon
- 06:06 Rushden chicken farm plans recommended for refusal
- 06:06 Kettering choir’s fundraising efforts help air ambulance
- 06:06 New bus masterplan aims to keep Leeds on the move
- 06:06 Kettering street ‘riddled’ with flies after waste dumped
- 06:05 Roddy Smith: Bidding to be best – how businesses improve the city...
- 06:05 Ilona Amos: Every time you do the laundry you damage the environment
- 06:04 Kids invited to see lambs being born at National Forest Adventure Farm
- 06:02 Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp makes HUGE claim about current Reds...
- 05:57 Mitsutoki Shigeta: 'Baby factory' dad wins paternity rights
- 05:56 YEP says: WE need to change our attitude to bus travel
- 05:56 Chelsea news: Cesc Fabregas leaks major Real Madrid transfer deal...
- 05:50 Birmingham City Council criticised over official traveller camp...
- 05:50 Father forced to pay £600 fine for taking child out of school in...
- 05:48 Chelsea ace Olivier Giroud lashes out at former club Arsenal ahead...
- 05:38 Bitcoin CRASH: Retail investors to ‘bear the brunt’ if...
- 05:35 Real Madrid news: Gareth Bale asks to leave Bernabeu alerting Man...
- 05:34 Ex-Cyclone Gita: Christchurch declares state of emergency