Anti-gay sentiment seen threatening Indonesia's goal to end AIDS by 2030
JAKARTA (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - Growing anti-gay sentiment in Indonesia could hamper efforts to combat fast-rising HIV infections among one of the most at-risk groups, threatening the country's target to end an AIDS epidemic by 2030, a senior official has warned.
Although new infections have been falling globally, Indonesia is one country where they are on the rise as the disease spreads rapidly among gay men and other men who have had sex with men (MSM) over the past decade.
HIV prevalence among the group jumped to 25.8 percent in 2015 from 5.4 percent in 2007, according to... read more
- 07:40 Inga Maria Hauser murder: Two men arrested in Loughguile
- 07:40 Under-threat community hub raises nearly £30,000 in a month
- 07:40 A shot in the dark
- 07:40 Alarm at how services run increases yearly
- 07:40 Fire ravaged Ovenden Hotel to be demolished for housing development
- 07:40 Change of name
- 07:40 Ever seen a badger pole dance? We have
- 07:40 Car stolen from Sheffield after seller advertised it on Facebook
- 07:39 Blackpool nurse helps reduce A&E visits from a group of ‘frequent...
- 07:39 Delays and cancellations on Northern trains
- 07:39 ‘Shocked’ Blackpool nan finds pony in backyard
- 07:39 Liverpool news: Jordan Henderson reveals he REFUSED transfer
- 07:39 Barcelona pay tribute to Andres Iniesta as Lionel Messi talks up...
- 07:37 Drivers in the dark over MOT changes
- 07:31 UK engineering's gender imbalance is embarrassing, leading figure says
- 07:31 Can you solve it? The birthday birthday problem
- 07:30 Markets rally as US and China call trade war truce - business live
- 07:30 Police searching for missing man find body in Leicester
- 07:30 Great Northern, Southern and Thameslink trains cancelled and delayed
- 07:29 Raise a glass at town venue beer festival
- 07:27 Blackpool Council to invest more cash in £25m conference centre...
- 07:24 South Cumbria catches Royal Wedding fever as Prince Harry and...
- 07:24 Drink driver banned after being over the limit in Ambleside
- 07:24 Can you offer 'lovely and gentle' Dave a new home
- 07:24 Athletes display physical prowess in Windermere as Brathay 10in 10...
- 07:24 Child mental health referrals in Cumbria increase four fold
- 07:24 Long-awaited train service connects Millom to Barrow after 40 year...
- 07:24 Barrow councillors 'impressed' by new Stockport-based leisure...
- 07:24 Yorkshire relies on sheep sector that ‘needs’ free EU trade, says...
- 07:23 Delay to huge investment deal could see Tayside and Fife ‘left behind’