Anthony Foley died of 'heart rhythm disorder that caused acute edema of lungs'
Munster head coach Anthony Foley died due to a heart condition which led to a build-up of fluid in his lungs, a French coroner has said.
An autopsy has revealed Foley, 42, whose body was found in his room in Munster's team hotel before their scheduled game in Paris on Sunday, " had a heart rhythm disorder that caused an acute edema of the lungs", according to www.rugby365.fr.
The coroner said Foley's death could be "linked to a heart problem", while further toxicological tests are ongoing and results are "expected in several weeks".
Munster confirmed Foley's... read more
- 22:57 Anthony Joshua will not fight Wladimir Klitschko in December
- 22:55 U.S. scientist dies in snowmobile plunge in Antarctica
- 22:54 Young Liverpool goalkeeper Kamil Grabara, 17, looks like a...
- 22:54 Anthony Joshua forced to wait until next year for Wladimir...
- 22:52 Sheldon strikes to secure cup progress
- 22:51 Plastic surgeon posted photos of his patients going under the knife...
- 22:51 Boy, 7, miraculously survives horror crash on motorway
- 22:51 Vincent Kompany gives Man City fans honest update on injury situation
- 22:51 Arsene Wenger: This is my verdict on Arsenal's title chances
- 22:51 Championship boss confirms Man United forward is devastated to be...
- 22:46 Alex Neil: I won't do my old mate Garry Monk any favours
- 22:46 UFC: Beneil Dariush could have been an accountant instead of a fighter
- 22:45 US changes toddler screen time advice
- 22:43 Aid must provide value for money, says minister Priti Patel
- 22:41 KEVIN DE BRUYNE EXCLUSIVE: Pep Guardiola's way is the only way......
- 22:40 Venezuela political foes to hold talks as crisis deepens
- 22:38 Aaron Wilbraham: Tammy Abraham needs my help off the pitch... he...
- 22:38 Man City captain Vincent Kompany has warning for Jose Mourinho...
- 22:38 Leicester defender Christian Fuchs: I want to play in MLS
- 22:38 Harry Arter: I've made up my mind on which international side I'll...
- 22:38 Jose Mourinho: My Manchester United players need to man up
- 22:38 Jurgen Klopp: This is my message for out-of-favour Liverpool attacker
- 22:38 Newcastle expecting to make history against Preston
- 22:38 Moussa Sissoko suspension leads to opportunities for Tottenham...
- 22:38 David Moyes: This is what I have to say to Sunderland fans who want...
- 22:38 Ice hockey: Corey Neilson has warning for Nottingham players
- 22:38 Liverpool hero makes big claim about Man United star following...
- 22:38 Double injury blow ahead of Manchester derby
- 22:37 Exclusive - Philippines police plan new phase in drugs war: sources
- 22:37 Major collision on A38 sliproad