Another national sporting disgrace as Scots soldiers hopes in Highland Games kilt off by English rivals
Scotland has suffered another humiliating sporting defeat – losing an Army Highland Games contest to English rivals.
The disappointed Scots troops – who were reigning champions in the event – claimed the burly Yorkshire winners’ failure to wear kilts gave them “a marked advantage”.
The brave men of 4 SCOTS, The Highlanders suffered a blow to their national pride, losing out to troopers from the Royal Dragoon Guards by just three points.
And rookie competitors served up some shocks with one Englishman taking second place in the caber tossing on his first foray into the traditional sport.... read more
- 12:03 Brooklyn Beckham set ‘to become the Spice Girls’ official reunion...
- 12:02 Award for improving Parkinson’s care
- 12:02 KFC restaurants in Northampton forced to close as stores run out of...
- 12:02 Hipperholme pupil makes a splash as she clinches gold and meets...
- 12:02 Snap happy shoppers in with chance of winning spending spree
- 12:02 Warwickshire Freemasons support new maternity unit at Warwick Hospital
- 12:02 Did you see Danny Rose’s AMAZING message to Ryan Mason against...
- 12:02 Lewis Hamilton reveals insight into training schedule ahead of...
- 12:01 Paedophile Falder jailed for 32 years
- 12:01 Peter Rabbit among Beatrix Potter characters to star on new coins
- 12:01 Cash to help gardeners club
- 12:01 Chelsea frustrate Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi like no other side
- 12:01 In pictures: Handsworth v Burntwood RUFC
- 12:01 Lichfield City FC beaten 4-2 by Atherstone Town
- 12:01 Teen blackmails teacher into handing over £10k after 'inappropriate...
- 12:01 Got any old-style £10 notes? This is when they cease to be legal...
- 12:00 Elderly victim turns crimefighter to catch fraudsters in police sting
- 12:00 Sergio Aguero heads out with his old man as Manchester City striker...
- 12:00 In pictures: Seven stunning Scottish castles for sale
- 12:00 KFC closures across Preston - latest
- 12:00 Irvine Welsh: ‘I had a criminal record aged 8’
- 11:59 Leeds United memories: Whatever happened to... striker Rob Hulse?
- 11:59 Council partnership yields jobs in Burnley
- 11:58 What not to expect from Philip Hammond Spring statement
- 11:58 Call to bring forward vote on cutting Commons to 600 MPs
- 11:58 Burglars target Sheffield street
- 11:58 Iceland's mooted circumcision ban sparks religious outrage
- 11:57 Matthew Falder who forced teen to rape boy, 4, and girl to eat dog...
- 11:57 Unilever releases details of its entire palm oil supply chain
- 11:56 Hygiene ratings: Wigan’s One-Star rated eateries Nov 2017 to Jan 2018