Angry dad threatened to burn taxi office to ground
A FATHER infuriated by the early arrival of a taxi made an aggressive phone call to the firm involved, threatening to burn it to the ground.
Gareth Sharpe, 26, made the abusive and threatening phone call to the firm, in Workington, on May 14, Carlisle's Rickergate magistrates' Court heard.
He admitted the offence.
Prosecutor Andy Travis said the taxi involved arrived at the defendant's home to collect his son at 4pm that day but Sharpe, from Egremont, told the driver it should not have come until an hour later.
The defendant, who appeared before Carlisle magistrates' court via video link... read more
- 11:44 NHS comments after Derbyshire doctor takes her own life
- 11:42 Big Brother star Chanelle McCleary flashes BOTTOM in miniskirt...
- 11:41 Future looks healthy for Boldon’s Opus Medigas
- 11:41 Adolf Hitler is not a 128-year-old man living in Argentina
- 11:41 14 reasons Stoke-on-Trent is a great place to live
- 11:40 Abortion reform matter for Stormont, court rules
- 11:40 Armed police with 'masks and machine guns' swarm on Coventry address
- 11:39 Graduating pays off: Scottish Government
- 11:39 South Yorkshire trainee assistant practitioners making an impact
- 11:39 Smoking -related deaths in Warwickshire fall following ban on...
- 11:39 Borini joins Faubert and Bendtner among the weirdest transfers...
- 11:38 Grenfell Tower hero who tried to help people on top floor found...
- 11:38 Malawi and Unicef launch drone air corridor
- 11:38 Grenfell Tower survivors shut out of council meeting 'over protest...
- 11:38 Jail for Sheffield man who hid shotgun on his family’s allotment
- 11:38 Mario Kart 8 UPDATE: Nintendo Switch patch notes reveal THIS...
- 11:38 Transfer rumour: Ligue 1 club still hope to sign Aston Villa...
- 11:38 Thieves steal safe full of cash from East Midlands Aeropark at...
- 11:38 Primary school gates turned into shrine to murdered teacher Julie...
- 11:37 Monaco assure Kylian Mbappe that Chelsea-bound Tiemoue Bakayoko...
- 11:37 Choir want more members
- 11:37 Painting masters head for Nottinghamshire's Patchings Festival
- 11:37 New hotel included in site masterplan
- 11:37 Coastguard called to reports of trio swept out to sea
- 11:36 Remember when the first iPhones went on sale in Newcastle 10 years...
- 11:36 South Yorkshire trainee assistant practitioners making an impact
- 11:35 Primary school gates turned into shrine to murdered teacher Julie...
- 11:35 Grenfell Tower fire: What are public inquiries and what happens?
- 11:35 Burnham admits mixed emotions over Hillsborough charges
- 11:34 Chelsea to complete £20million deal to sell Nathan Ake to...