Anglesey: No nappy collection service for over 3s
A council will not offer a used-nappy collection service for children over three, saying most should be potty trained by that age.
Parents will have to show birth certificates to prove eligibility for the new two-weekly scheme on Anglesey.
It comes into place in October, when general waste collections - which usually dispose of nappies - switch to every three weeks.
A spokesman said there was a separate service for older disabled children.
The local authority cited sources, including the NHS, which says 90% of children are dry most days by the age of three.
With general waste (black bin)... read more
- 18:25 Fernandinho headstart in adapting to Pep Guardiola's Man City demands
- 18:25 Sergio Romero reveals weird obsession with his Manchester United kit
- 18:24 Nottingham schools could lose out on millions in Government funding
- 18:24 See the amazing miniature food that looks so real you want to eat it
- 18:24 Mikael Forssell exclusive: Ex-Birmingham City star looks back at...
- 18:24 Aston Villa's Albert Adomah on painting & decorating and being...
- 18:24 CCTV image issued after chainsaw theft near Bourne
- 18:24 Birmingham City Under 23s extend unbeaten run at Sheffield United
- 18:23 Ander Herrera reveals amazing secret about Zlatan Ibrahimovic
- 18:22 Birmingham Moseley taking nothing for granted against struggling...
- 18:22 Aldi to open SIXTH Coventry store - and they're hiring
- 18:21 Squash is a ‘great’ sport to teach, say Doncaster brothers
- 18:21 Appeal to trace South Yorkshire owner of stolen rose gold iPhone 6
- 18:20 Sheffield man accused of sexually assaulting vulnerable women says...
- 18:20 Appeal to trace South Yorkshire owner of stolen rose gold iPhone 6
- 18:20 Fire breaks out at Bangladesh central bank
- 18:20 Cobblers winger Sonupe joins Kidderminster on loan
- 18:20 EU refugee policy unsustainable, says Council of Europe commissioner
- 18:19 Mum sobs in court after smashing up equipment at Lincoln hospital
- 18:17 Two men jailed after trying to sell handgun linked to terrifying...
- 18:17 Pointless presenter Alexander Armstrong left unnerved by THIS...
- 18:17 REVEALED: 14 ways to keep kids entertained on flights WITHOUT...
- 18:17 Anti-ageing drug could be on the market in three years, say scientists
- 18:16 Mark McGhee urges Scotland fans to turn out in numbers for Slovenia...
- 18:16 Watch as Leicester mum shaves her head for charity
- 18:16 Bayern Munich being sued after Manchester United incident
- 18:16 Amber Valley residents urged to remain vigilant after several...
- 18:16 Southampton star Nathan Redmond reveals England aim
- 18:15 Your Kodi box could soon be declared illegal
- 18:15 London attack: Home secretary says don't blame intelligence agencies