Anger at plans to close ‘valuable service’ by end of the year
0 Have your say Users of a valuable resource have hit out at plans to close it down.
The Cedars, in North Shields, is an intermediate care facility providing rehabilitation care for people who no longer need to be in hospital but are not ready to go home, supported on average for six to 12 weeks.
But users have been left shocked after North Tyneside Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) announced it would close at the end of the year as the building is not suitable for future needs.
One upset user said: “This has been an extremely valuable service for many years, and has proven to be a very... read more
- 09:41 Roads closed after two crashes on M62 and M53 in "terrible conditions"
- 09:40 Speeding offences in England and Wales at a record high: Nearly...
- 09:36 Real Madrid transfer news: Leonardo Bonucci could be sold by...
- 09:35 Try not to squirm while you watch a barber shaving the inside of...
- 09:34 Ice and flood warnings issued for Cumbria today
- 09:33 Music review: The Killers
- 09:33 Music review: Pussy Riot
- 09:33 Music review: Deep Purple/Europe
- 09:33 Music review: Hebrides Ensemble & Meow Meow: Restless Love
- 09:33 Music review: Queens of the Stone Age
- 09:33 Theatre review: The Weir Sisters | Dance review: Tango Moderno
- 09:33 NHS Lincolnshire East supports Lung Cancer Awareness Month
- 09:32 Warning: we could be set for measles outbreak
- 09:31 This house with a garden INSIDE could be yours - for £3.2million
- 09:31 Road closed because of ice as widespread frost hits region
- 09:30 NHS Lincolnshire East supports Lung Cancer Awareness Month
- 09:28 Here's why Derby County goalkeeper Scott Carson is hoping to...
- 09:28 Snow and ice causing problems on the roads - updates
- 09:24 NHS Lincolnshire East supports Lung Cancer Awareness Month
- 09:23 NHS Lincolnshire East supports Lung Cancer Awareness Month
- 09:23 Louth man pleads not guilty to sexual assault
- 09:21 Jamie Robson is cheering pal John on with both head and heart
- 09:21 Jamie Robson realises playing well for Dundee United is best way to...
- 09:21 Big selection headache for Arbroath boss Dick Campbell ahead of...
- 09:21 East Fife boss has a nice selection headache
- 09:21 Chance for Cowdenbeath to climb off the bottom of the table
- 09:21 Darren Dods has seen an attacking change in Dundee United
- 09:21 Raith boss Barry Smith looking for some home comfort against...
- 09:21 Fraser Aird wants another eye-catching display for Dunfermline
- 09:21 Forfar looking to bounce back from Scottish Cup low