Anger at plans to bulldoze social club for Lidl car park
Plans to demolish the town’s members club so Lidl can create more spaces for shoppers have been recommended for approval.
The scheme had previously been turned down by Dudley Council but re-jigged plans now look set to get the green light on Monday.
Belle Vale ward councillor Simon Phipps said it would be ‘a great loss if the club is to go’.
He told the Express & Star: “The members club is a local venue which is well used and popular with a number of clubs.
“If it is knocked down it would be a loss to Halesowen. It’s an asset for the town and all the ward councillors would be... read more
- 07:54 Chelsea key man a serious doubt for crucial Swansea clash
- 07:53 Milo Yiannopoulos’ pro-paedophile comments have cost him his book deal
- 07:53 Founder of World Hijab shares what wearing the hijab really means...
- 07:52 Telefonica to sell up to 40 percent of Telxius to KKR for 1.3...
- 07:52 Five killed after plane crashes into shopping mall in Australia
- 07:52 Appeal over missing 17-year-old Nottinghamshire girl
- 07:51 Real Madrid identify transfer alternative to Man United and Chelsea...
- 07:51 Real Madrid injury update: Sergio Ramos to return for Valencia clash
- 07:51 The morning news headlines: Ministers dismiss business rates...
- 07:51 Five killed after plane crashes into shopping mall in Australia
- 07:51 Positive traits of each club's fans according to YouGov - these are...
- 07:50 'True team effort' helps transform Sheffield primary school
- 07:49 'There was blood everywhere' - Witness tells of horrific scene...
- 07:48 Chelsea legend says he was baffled by Arsene Wenger Cup clash decision
- 07:47 Arsenal target Leonardo Jardim wants Premier League job
- 07:47 Kyle Edmund through in Delray Beach as Adrian Mannarino defaults...
- 07:46 The morning news headlines: Ministers dismiss business rates...
- 07:46 Five killed after plane crashes into shopping mall in Australia
- 07:45 North East news LIVE: Latest breaking news, sport, weather, traffic...
- 07:45 The morning news headlines: Ministers dismiss business rates...
- 07:45 Substantial damage caused to parked car during hit-and-run in Askam
- 07:45 Today's Weather: dim and damp
- 07:45 Tuesday traffic updates
- 07:44 Police remind people not to open their doors to ‘unfamiliar cattle’
- 07:44 Multi vehicle accident on M62 near Leeds
- 07:42 YP Comment: Quality teaching can change lives. Schools only as good...
- 07:41 Aston Villa digest: Newcastle United aftermath; Henri Lansbury...
- 07:41 Birmingham City digest: Gianfranco Zola latest; Jack Storer on...
- 07:40 UPDATE 1-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Feb. 21
- 07:40 Merkel's conservative moves ahead of SPD in latest poll by INSA