Anger at huge piles of fly-tipped waste on estate
Selfish fly-tippers have turned a patch of open land into a haven for vermin by dumping large piles of rubbish there.
Huge amounts of waste have been accumulating behind a row of houses on Lamberhead Road in Norley Hall for the past few months.
The ground is now strewn with everything from television sets and household items to piles of building rubble and debris.
Unhappy residents say the area is now giving off an unpleasant smell, with the problem expected to get worse once temperatures start to rise, and providing a home for rats.
The council has confirmed the patch of land is in private... read more
- 09:52 Editor's letter: How your Harrogate Advertiser website is changing
- 09:52 PLASTIC CAMPAIGN: Lancaster and Morecambe businesses ditch the plastic
- 09:51 Thousands of grandparents are missing out on this Government money
- 09:50 Retail sales grow faster than expected in February
- 09:50 Why Adama Traore could come back to haunt Aston Villa
- 09:50 Reading next manager odds: Overwhelming favourite emerges to...
- 09:50 Plans lodged for new Rokeby school building
- 09:49 Welfare cheat illegally claimed over £4k after failing to declare a...
- 09:49 58 all out: England humiliated on first day of Test in New Zealand
- 09:49 Curiosity rover: 2,000 days on Mars
- 09:49 Instagram ‘influencers’ can flog stuff all day – but it’s weird...
- 09:48 Engineering new metal business
- 09:48 Trevor Bayliss lays into England flops after New Zealand skittle...
- 09:47 Wigan's Week In Court
- 09:47 Ooh la la! A hoppy twinning project for Wigan
- 09:47 Evacuee in Wigan learned to love lobscowse
- 09:46 Welfare cheat illegally claimed over £4k after failing to declare a...
- 09:46 Company scoops top award for third time
- 09:46 West Brom players were in tears after Bournemouth loss, admits...
- 09:46 Seaham Hall shortlisted for national tourism accolade
- 09:45 Two lads seen in Barrow 'are still missing' say police
- 09:45 £2.5m plans revealed to transform entrance to Whitehaven
- 09:45 Thousands of public sector workers go on strike across France
- 09:45 Post-Brexit passports ‘to be made in France’
- 09:44 Potholes: Is this the worst road in Harborough?
- 09:44 Axholme Bridleways Association clears up East Lound path
- 09:44 Woman targeted by robber in Doncaster street
- 09:44 Mail Memories: When Symington were top, top, top, top, top of the...
- 09:44 Welfare cheat illegally claimed over £4k after failing to declare a...
- 09:44 Middle class families who hire private tutors to help get their...