Andy Stewart's granddaughter inspired by the late entertainer to follow in his footsteps on stage
THE granddaughter of much-loved entertainer Andy Stewart will follow in his footsteps this week when she performs on stage in Glasgow.
Christina Gordon, 21, didn’t get to meet her grandad before he died in 1993 but heard all about him from her mum Debbie.
Wearing a kilt like the Donald Where’s Your Troosers star, Christina will show off the family talent by singing and dancing in The Cheviot, The Stag and The Black Black Oil at the Citizens Theatre.
She said: “He died before I was born but he is massively a part of the whole family.
“My mum travelled with him and performed so I heard... read more
- 00:16 Egypt attack: President Sisi pledges forceful response
- 00:16 Scathing report on HMP Northumberland highlights drugs and violence
- 00:16 Police investigate spate of fires in Amble
- 00:14 Mel Gibson appeared on Graham Norton to promote his new film, and...
- 00:11 Strictly Come Dancing 2017: Seven couples perform DOUBLE dances in...
- 00:11 I'm a Celebrity 2017: Georgia Toffolo favourite to be crowned Queen...
- 00:07 Have astronomers solved the mystery of the 'engine' on Enceladus?...
- 00:02 West Ham lead the way as Premier League launch Rainbow Laces...
- 00:02 Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes brings speculation over Rangers move...
- 00:02 Crystal Palace boss Roy Hodgson sees Christian Benteke as vital for...
- 00:01 McIness fed up with Rangers speculation
- 00:01 Rodgers prepared for a physical cup final
- 00:01 Welsh Rugby says No to violence against women
- 00:01 Saudis play with fire in Lebanon
- 00:01 Skulduggery over Brexit
- 00:01 Vatican threat to sue altar boys who allege abuse
- 00:01 Georgia Toffolo allowed to wear banned make-up on I’m A Celebrity...
- 00:01 More than 200 Sufi Muslims killed in Egypt gun and bomb attack
- 00:01 Trump 'told Erdogan he'll stop arming the Kurds'
- 00:01 Staffing crisis ‘continues unabated’
- 00:01 Apprentices cheated of £3.50 an hour
- 00:01 Uber looks to appeal rights ruling in Supreme Court
- 00:00 Marking the lives of the women killed by men this year
- 00:00 Why the Chancellor must introduce a Robin Hood tax
- 00:00 A Christmas cracker
- 00:00 Sublime Stockhausen at the Barbican
- 00:00 Graphic vision of a red revolutionary future
- 00:00 Robbing the poor to pay the rich
- 00:00 Women’s concerns should not be minimised
- 23:56 'Do me a favour' Chris Sutton and Ally McCoist clash over Brendan...