Andy Murray wins 40th career title with straight sets win against Grigor Dimitrov at China Open
ANDY MURRAY has won the China Open for the first time in his career after defeating Grigor Dimitrov 6-4, 7-6 in Beijing.
The Scottish superstar didn't drop a set throughout the tournament but was made to work by the talented Bulgarian in the final as the pair exchanged high quality baseline rallies throughout the match.
Murray looked back to his best after a tough September, when he lost five-set thrillers against Kei Nishikori and Juan Martin del Potro in the US Open and Davis Cup respectively.
The win in Beijing is the 40th career singles title of Murray's remarkable career as he shows no... read more
- 09:54 Master’s 40 years with the hallmark of quality
- 09:53 Neil Lennon insists he is innocent after bitter bust-up with Morton...
- 09:52 Russell Brand makes his return to live radio after 8 years with...
- 09:52 Charlotte Crosby explains marks on her face during romantic trip to...
- 09:52 Russell Crowe fires back at body shamer Howard Stern and we salute him
- 09:52 Sky Blues at Wembley: All the latest news and build-up as Coventry...
- 09:52 Jose Mourinho eyes Andrea Belotti if Manchester United move for...
- 09:52 Paul Scholes: This is where Man United will finish under Jose Mourinho
- 09:52 Fantasy Football Tips: The best captain options assessed for...
- 09:52 Arsene Wenger admits his Arsenal future is not completely sorted
- 09:52 Latest Chesterfield magistrates’ court results
- 09:51 Youngsters hit the target with James Bond style celebration
- 09:51 Warwick School crowned NatWest Schools Cup champions
- 09:51 Why buying these five everyday items at supermarkets is a bad idea
- 09:51 Former Olympic velodrome re-opens for 125th anniversary
- 09:50 Head to step aside to concentrate on opening new school
- 09:50 Allison’s charity zipline challenge
- 09:50 Festival of wool crafts
- 09:50 Join Oscar in space
- 09:50 Music and banter galore
- 09:50 All recycling sites at Barrow supermarkets and Park Leisure Centre...
- 09:50 People’s History Show tells story of Black Agnes AgnAgnes
- 09:50 Morning misery for A19 and A1 commuters after three separate...
- 09:49 WATCH LIVE 10.30AM THURSDAY: Brexit debate and European...
- 09:49 Mum of baby who drowned in bath says ‘I was stupid’ to leave him...
- 09:49 Easter changes to bin collection
- 09:48 Sheffield flat set alight in arson attack
- 09:48 Virat Kohli: India captain clarifies 'hostile' Australia remark
- 09:48 Next phase of life begins for Warwick’s Old Shire Hall
- 09:48 Santi Cazorla will not play again this season as Arsenal boss...