Andy Murray creeps closer to Novak Djokovic's No 1 spot after winning fifth title of the year at China Open
Novak Djokovic remains a long way in front as world No 1, but it may not be long before he starts to hear Andy Murray’s footsteps creeping up behind him.
The 29-year-old Scot is trying to chase his Serbian rival down and moved closer by winning the China Open — his fifth title of the season and the 40th of his career on the ATP Tour.
Murray’s latest victim was Grigor Dimitrov, the flamboyant Bulgarian who produced his usual range of extravagant shotmaking but not enough consistency to derail his opponent in Beijing.
Jo Konta’s earlier defeat meant that there was not to be an unprecedented... read more
- 09:45 British Airways' owner attacks Heathrow’s plan to build third...
- 09:45 National minute's silence to remember Manchester Arena attack victims
- 09:45 One of Britain’s oldest sports car makers being bought by Chinese
- 09:45 Tesco is set to SCRAP 5p plastic bags and force forgetful shoppers...
- 09:45 Don’t leave your energy bills in the hands of politicians: Join our...
- 09:44 Indian woman 'forced to marry Pakistani at gunpoint' returns
- 09:44 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and more
- 09:44 Melania Trump finally pictured holding her husband’s hand
- 09:43 Bizarrely, Amazon is giving away 8,000 free bananas a day
- 09:42 Every player will get their chance in pre-season, says Grimsby Town...
- 09:42 UK growth estimate revised down
- 09:42 Boston Borough Council AGAIN reveal car registrations after...
- 09:41 National minute's silence to remember Manchester Arena attack victims
- 09:41 Northumberland Livestock
- 09:41 Grand finish to 'The McCoys' this afternoon as Warwick prepares to...
- 09:41 Transfer news LIVE: Latest from Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea...
- 09:40 Net migration falls 84,000 in 2016
- 09:40 Chelsea line-up predicted: Antonio Conte faces dilemma ahead of...
- 09:40 Donald Trump to have shaky meeting with EU in ‘hellhole’ Brussels
- 09:39 National minute's silence to remember Manchester Arena attack victims
- 09:39 Bradley Lowery 'doesn't have long left to live', heartbroken family...
- 09:39 Star Wars Last Jedi: Supreme Leader Snoke SHOCK news as his part in...
- 09:39 Pokemon Go Rock-type event end time: LAST CHANCE to catch Adventure...
- 09:39 Have Nottingham researchers found new treatment for diabetes patients?
- 09:38 Tate & Lyle profit jumps on weak sterling
- 09:38 Fighting corruption, Ukraine starts to judge its judges
- 09:38 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and more
- 09:37 Theresa May accused police of ‘scaremongering’ over spending cuts
- 09:37 Pigeon gets tiny backpack to smuggle drugs
- 09:37 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and more