Andy Murray continues fine form with win over David Goffin in Shanghai
Andy Murray booked a Shanghai Masters semi-final berth by battling past Belgium's David Goffin 6-2 6-2.
World number two Murray continued his fine form with a strong performance in an engaging contest, to record his fifth straight victory over Goffin.
After winning the China Open last week Murray has now swept his way to the latter stages of yet another tournament.
The 29-year-old will now play the winner of Jack Sock and Gilles Simon in the last four, with Novak Djokovic still a potential foe should he reach the final.
Murray powered past Goffin in one hour 35 minutes with a relentless... read more
- 13:43 What’s On - Arts and Culture
- 13:42 Warning as recent heatwave sparks giant hogweed surge
- 13:42 Police probing whether Walton Prison drive-by shooting was linked...
- 13:42 YP Letters: Tower blaze raises question of fracking safety
- 13:42 YP Letters: Hospital wait shows cost of uncontrolled immigration
- 13:42 Compensation offered to South Yorkshire residents affected by HS2...
- 13:41 Power cut in Harborough affects about 800 properties
- 13:41 Plans submitted to move Harborough war memorial
- 13:41 Director aims for heritage museums reboot in Sheffield after a life...
- 13:40 Hillsborough: Tony Bland's family 'hugely disappointed' by no charges
- 13:39 Kremlin: Putin, Trump to meet on sidelines of G20 summit
- 13:39 Former Mayor of Pendle suspended over racist joke share
- 13:38 Wakefield grandmother's last minute dream meeting with Sir Cliff...
- 13:38 Yorkshire weather: Wet and windy but good news for the weekend
- 13:38 Buckshaw retirement residents try out Virual Reality
- 13:37 FMQs: Sturgeon under pressure to apologise for ‘not being straight’...
- 13:37 Bearded Scotsman hunted by police in Cumbria disorder probe
- 13:37 VOTE: Derbyshire still supports smoking ban 10 years on
- 13:37 Is this the best youth game ever? Watch stunning cup final comeback
- 13:36 Well known Doncaster town centre GP dies
- 13:36 Jermain Defoe signs three-year deal at Bournemouth worth £20m...16...
- 13:36 Smarty pants? Children with higher IQ at lower risk of dying from...
- 13:35 Sunderland sale collapses: Ellis Short to remain, Simon Grayson set...
- 13:35 Fire safety checks come back on Cumbrian high rises
- 13:35 6 reasons to leave it all behind and go to beautiful Dominica
- 13:35 John Carver tells Rafa Benitez to sign game-changers from Chelsea...
- 13:34 This Morning viewers INCONSOLABLE as couple get married LIVE up The...
- 13:34 Bemusement arcade
- 13:34 Nigeria: Ogoni widows sue Shell over military crackdown
- 13:34 New parents naming babies after politicians