Andy Murray continues bid to top world rankings in the China Open
Andy Murray will continue his bid to overtake Novak Djokovic at the top of the world rankings after committing to take part in the China Open in Beijing this week.
Murray has targeted Djokovic's number one spot following a stellar summer, but after suffering a thigh strain in Great Britain's Davis Cup defeat to Argentina a fortnight ago he said he was in need of a rest and would take a look at his schedule.
However, he has decided to play in Beijing and can close the gap on Djokovic by a healthy 1,000 points if he wins the tournament.
Djokovic pulled out earlier in the week, continuing a... read more
- 02:20 Conor McGregor won't hold on to the lightweight title - Mike Chiesa
- 02:20 Bernie Ecclestone could step down as F1 chief this week
- 02:19 China's Xi to head new commission for military-civilian development
- 02:18 Oil edges up after producer meeting, but high U.S. output weighs
- 02:13 BREAKING: United Airlines forced to GROUND flights after computer...
- 02:11 Jose Mourinho: Wayne Rooney can leave Manchester United
- 02:11 Manchester United target Goncalo Guedes says his goodbyes to Benfica
- 02:11 Serena Williams battles past Barbora Strycova to reach Australian...
- 01:53 Lyon 3-1 Marseille: Memphis Depay makes his Ligue 1 debut as...
- 01:53 Britain should adopt Swiss-style migration policy, German finance...
- 01:50 Tallia Storm flashes her racy black lace bra and taut tum in ripped...
- 01:50 EastEnders child star Maisie Smith, 15, is unrecognisable as she...
- 01:50 Is that really a good call? Sam Faiers merrily chats away on her...
- 01:50 The Gmail phishing scam that is even fooling the experts
- 01:50 Kelly Brook cuts a stylish figure in statement burgundy coat as she...
- 01:50 Kylie Minogue looks effortlessly chic in a black blazer with white...
- 01:50 'You wouldn't want to deal with my s**t': Jamie O'Hara calls time...
- 01:48 Hudson Swafford claims maiden PGA Tour title with one-shot victory...
- 01:44 Samsung confirms faulty batteries as cause of Note 7 fires
- 01:34 Manchester United captain Wayne Rooney calls for improved media...
- 01:29 iPhone maker Foxconn signals $7bn US investment
- 01:25 Samsung Electronics says battery defects caused Note 7 fires
- 01:05 Diego Costa issues direct response to Chelsea future talk on...
- 01:04 Leeds bin rounds to be axed in cost-cutting ‘review’ of routes
- 01:04 Romanians march against prisoner release plan
- 00:57 Adopted sons 'unjustly' taken from parents
- 00:57 RMT union reveals 'damning' figures on driver-only services
- 00:57 Trading Standards teams 'struggling to visit' scam victims
- 00:54 School budgets near breaking point, say head teachers
- 00:51 New seat alert app for pregnant commuters