Andy Murray beats Kyle Edmund to reach China Open semi-finals
World number two Andy Murray found an extra gear when it mattered to beat Davis Cup team-mate Kyle Edmund 7-6 (11/9) 6-2 in the quarter-finals of the China Open.
Murray edged a tight first set in a tie-break and trailed 2-0 early in the second, but reeled off six games in a row to set up a semi-final clash with Spain's David Ferrer.
The 29-year-old, who is the top seed in Beijing following the withdrawal of world number one Novak Djokovic, had coasted through his second-round contest against Russian Andrey Kuznetsov, dropping just three games in a match lasting 76 m inutes.
But he needed... read more
- 16:57 Trident 'misfire' farce as Theresa May's Defence Secretary refuses...
- 16:56 British Steel beefs up distribution teams as construction sector...
- 16:55 Nottingham burger restaurant offers all-you-can-eat deal every...
- 16:54 John Joyce re-elected as Addleshaw Goddard’s managing partner
- 16:54 All eight Lincolnshire councils could be abolished saving £150m
- 16:54 Rasen man jailed after knife attack in town centre
- 16:52 Stacey Solomon confesses her sexual fantasies and says she hopes...
- 16:52 'Allo 'Allo! star Gorden Kaye dies aged 75
- 16:48 Four in 10 junior doctors have fallen asleep at wheel
- 16:48 Family of drug dealer ordered to hand over FOUR houses
- 16:48 Extra trains running for Leicester City's FA Cup game at Derby County
- 16:48 Anderson Silva offers advice to Ronda Rousey following UFC 207 loss
- 16:47 Is Tesco offering a bum deal on toilet roll?
- 16:47 ATR boss troubled by competition impact of Bombardier bailout
- 16:46 Government confirm HS2 cannot buy Long Eaton land not linked to...
- 16:46 Stop talking rubbish, this tree is not an ISIS terror threat says...
- 16:45 Resident Evil 7 biohazard review – survival horror reborn
- 16:45 Actor Gorden Kaye, known as ‘Allo ‘Allo’s Rene Artois, dies at the...
- 16:45 Man tries to trip up teenager before victim has bike stolen in Corby
- 16:45 Lightsaber martial arts is a thing, and we tried it
- 16:45 Compensation available to people affected by loss of gas supply in...
- 16:45 Eurovision 2017: Which former X Factor contestant will represent...
- 16:44 What's your chance of developing lung cancer? Map reveals those...
- 16:44 Why a glucose drip could be the key to speeding up birth for women...
- 16:44 QUIZ: Can you be perfectly Frank when it comes to Sheffield-bound...
- 16:44 Mecca looking to reward couples who fell in love at the bingo
- 16:43 Expected Liverpool XI: Star man to return to Jurgen Klopp's 4-3-3...
- 16:43 Why you shouldn't worry about eating burnt toast and roast potatoes
- 16:43 POLL RESULT: How you voted on Theresa May and the single market
- 16:43 Lincolnshire County Council leader calls for poll on unitary authority