Andy Murray backs campaign honouring sportsmen who lost their lives during First World War
WIMBLEDON and Olympic champion Andy Murray has joined forces with the Royal British Legion to commemorate the role of sportsmen in the First World War .
The tennis ace is backing the armed forces charity's Sport Remembers campaign, which commemorates the vast number of footballers, rugby players, golfers, cricketers, boxers, tennis players and Olympians who gave up their careers - and their lives - for their country.
The charity is calling on the nation's sporting organisations, clubs and individuals to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the Battle of the Somme, which began on July 1,... read more
- 00:07 Amazon sets mass layoffs at Quidsi products unit after losses
- 00:07 France starlet Kylian Mbappe receives ultimate compliment from...
- 00:07 Everton boss Ronald Koeman hails Seamus Coleman's attitude after...
- 00:04 American wonderkid Will Vint agrees to join Manchester United...
- 00:00 Video refs could be rolled out for EFL Cup
- 00:00 Insightful explorations of science fiction’s lengthy coming of age
- 00:00 Boyd with confidence
- 00:00 Radicalism obscured in gloom
- 00:00 RLIF backs nines cup for 2019
- 00:00 Astle’s family calls for Taylor to quit
- 00:00 Boycott put on ice after players win
- 00:00 Another corporate attack is looming
- 00:00 Labour members should be free to criticise Israel
- 00:00 Time for claimants’ voices to be heard nationally
- 00:00 Unite against neoliberalism
- 00:00 Ukraine: Polish consulate ‘attacked by terrorists’
- 00:00 EU leaders left bitter by Brexit ‘divorce’
- 00:00 South Africa: Zuma stays away from Kathrada’s funeral
- 00:00 Hospital workers to strike over zero-hours
- 00:00 40% cuts to legal aid have reduced system to ‘carnage’
- 00:00 NHS activists protest in York against health cut
- 23:59 'A leg-breaker', a headbutt, four sent off and Hibs boss Neil...
- 23:53 Mary Berry’s new ‘home happiness’ book will reveal her top secret...
- 23:52 Star Wars Battlefront 2 2017 UPDATE: New trailer announcement from EA
- 23:50 Turkey ends Euphrates Shield military campaign in Syria
- 23:46 Everton shouldn't blame James McCarthy for injury setback, insists...
- 23:46 Rangers have agreed £350,000 deal for Billy Gilmour with Chelsea if...
- 23:46 PFA Scotland chairman John Rankin warns Scottish football’s...
- 23:44 Neil Lennon accuses Morton player of trying to break Hibs star's...
- 23:41 Road too small for houses