Andrew Strauss insists 'we're really happy to be here' as England arrive to stepped up security in Bangladesh
The sight of armed police, military personnel, special forces, bomb disposal units and sniffer dogs waiting to greet England on their arrival at their Dhaka hotel on Friday emphasised that this is no ordinary cricket tour.
The concerns that led to England one-day captain Eoin Morgan and opening batsman Alex Hales pulling out of the first leg of England’s winter programme inspired a formidable display of security force as Bangladesh endeavoured to prove to the world that their country is safe for the cricketing show to go on.
When the flashing lights of the police escort that guided the team... read more
- 15:42 Man rescued from water by RNLI near Hartlepool
- 15:41 NHS staff and patients to celebrate ‘Experience of Care Week’
- 15:41 The key moments in Birmingham City's win over Sheffield United...
- 15:40 Prison recruitment drive sparked by safety concerns reaches it target
- 15:40 Big Pedal fortnight set to see thousands of parents and children...
- 15:39 Britons killed in Saudi Arabia crash
- 15:38 The Civic Society column with David Winpenny
- 15:37 Chelsea vs Southampton: Full line ups and team news for FA Cup clash
- 15:36 Stoke 1-1 Burnley: Ashley Barnes equalises for Clarets in second...
- 15:32 Is the mini-heatwave over? What this week's weather has in store
- 15:32 Arsenal 4-1 West Ham: Late goals from Aaron Ramsey and Alexandre...
- 15:32 The Civic Society column with David Winpenny
- 15:31 TV star Paul O'Grady devastated after death of his beloved dog Olga
- 15:29 Research reveals women are taking control of their finances
- 15:29 NHS staff and patients to celebrate ‘Experience of Care Week’
- 15:29 Thousands of fans pay tribute to Avicii at Coachella following his...
- 15:26 Lesbian mum told baby won’t be legally registered because she is gay
- 15:25 Rafael Nadal beats Kei Nishikori to win the Monte Carlo Masters for...
- 15:25 Courts: Man avoids jail despite attack with rounders bat
- 15:24 Is the mini-heatwave over? What this week's weather has in store
- 15:24 Research reveals women are taking control of their finances
- 15:22 Can you pass the UK citizenship test? Take this quiz and find out
- 15:22 Funding boost for police operation targeting Calderdale's dangerous...
- 15:22 How much do London Marathon 2018 winners get in prize money?
- 15:21 Research reveals women are taking control of their finances
- 15:21 Police raid illegal Thai orgy and find ‘sweating middle-aged...
- 15:21 Majority get first choice school
- 15:21 Trump says North Korea nuclear crisis 'long way from conclusion'
- 15:19 Is the mini-heatwave over? What this week's weather has in store
- 15:19 Meeting to discuss access to cancer services for patients in Cumbria