Andrew Lansley warns of 'difficult' NHS years
A former health secretary says an "incredibly difficult" two years await the NHS and social care in England.
Lord Lansley, health secretary from 2010-12, said he was "disappointed" that more funding was not announced in the Autumn Statement.
Tory council leader Izzi Seccombe said funding was needed now and councils had been "cut to the bone".
But Prime Minister Theresa May said ministers were already working to ease the situation.
Funding cuts to council-run social care in England have been blamed for a big increase in patients stuck in hospital beds because... read more
- 13:55 More ‘smart motorway’ work to begin next week
- 13:54 Westminster terror attack: Police make two more 'significant' arrests
- 13:54 Woman robbed by man holding a jagged metal can
- 13:53 Syrian SDF forces reach Tabqa dam-Raqqa campaign spokeswoman
- 13:53 Syria's Ja'afari says U.S. action on Raqqa would be illegitimate
- 13:53 Flowers for fallen hero
- 13:53 Watch: Slideshow of your Hartlepool Red Nose Day pictures.
- 13:53 Aberdeen legend Mark McGhee hailed by Minecraft guru after creating...
- 13:52 Redrow Homes loses bid to build 170 homes in Newport
- 13:52 Did robbery victim bang on your car window?
- 13:52 Fancy a free Domino's pizza this weekend? Here's how you can get one
- 13:52 Warning: Pupils urged not to approach 2 men in white van near...
- 13:51 Iceland owner ditches London market move over Brexit
- 13:51 Children's charity praises victim who came forward decade after...
- 13:50 Video: Do you recognise burglars who targeted Hull business?
- 13:50 Brexit: What would 'no deal' look like?
- 13:49 Westminster terror attack: Police make two more 'significant' arrests
- 13:47 DRAMATIC DASHCAM VIDEO: Sheffield man shocked at road rage...
- 13:47 BREAKING: Sheffield murder victim named as young dad
- 13:47 Britain ‘will be hotter than Madrid’ this weekend
- 13:47 UAE says surprised by U.S. laptop ban but will cooperate
- 13:46 REVEALED: The East Midlands’ favourite beauty spots
- 13:45 Shaun Walmsley hunt sees three arrested
- 13:45 ‘Say cheese!’ - this one is supporting Skegness Carnival
- 13:45 Food startup Eatsa sued for not making kiosks accessible to blind
- 13:44 Music review: Edwyn Collins at the 6 Music Festival
- 13:44 Pakistani parents agony after their daughter is born with her heart...
- 13:44 RFU chief: This is the real reason England wanted to face New...
- 13:44 Look away now! Revolting footage shows doctors removing mushrooms...
- 13:44 Why children really need to exercise: Inactive teenagers develop...