Andre Villas-Boas makes shock admission: This is why I failed at Chelsea
Villas-Boas took charge at Stamford Bridge in the summer of 2011 on the back of a successful debut season at Porto.
He guided the Dragons to the Primeira Liga, Europa League, Cup of Portugal and Portuguese Super Cup during the 2010/11 campaign.
But the 38-year-old lasted just nine months at Chelsea with the club then struggling in the battle for a top-four finish in the Premier League.
The Portuguese tactician endured a difficult time at Tottenham the following season but has now found his feet at Zenit Saint Petersburg.
And Villas-Boas, who has so far claimed three domestic honours during... read more
- 14:27 Community shows support for struggling Hebburn Town FC
- 14:26 This new mortgage could save you THOUSANDS - by paying your stamp...
- 14:25 Unseen images shed a new light on life in Gateshead 100 years ago
- 14:24 Campaign to remove John Bercow 'undignified' says Tory MP
- 14:24 Scottish man snaps up German murder house where victims were...
- 14:23 Celtic star James Forrest happy for the Hoops to win ugly to keep...
- 14:23 Linlithgow Reds return from France with trophy
- 14:22 Pensioner ex-pat found stabbed to death in Spanish retirement home
- 14:21 Several sheep killed in Shropshire fields
- 14:21 'Low-life' steals special Guy Martin beer pump clip from racing...
- 14:20 Sir Bobby Charlton in Anoki - the moment one of English football's...
- 14:17 Look what arsonists did to children's playground in Bagillt
- 14:15 Mercedes boss Toto Wolff: This is why we didn't sign Fernando Alonso
- 14:14 Liverpool summer transfer target: Jurgen Klopp earmarks swoop for...
- 14:14 Mark Lawrenson says Man Utd will beat Blackburn today… And his...
- 14:14 RECIPE: Roast monkfish with Puy lentils
- 14:12 Defending crops the natural way
- 14:11 From Lincoln to New York – we've gone worldwide!
- 14:09 PICTURE: Stolen road sweeper apprehended by armed officers in...
- 14:08 Live updates as main Nottingham road closed due to serious crash
- 14:07 Grantham Journal letter: Pothole damaged car
- 14:07 Leicester's hospitals have a £27m deficit - here's what they're...
- 14:06 PS4 Pro NEWS: Final Fantasy XIV next in line for performance boost
- 14:05 New fund available to prevent the elderly from becoming isolated...
- 14:05 Take precautions to stop winter flu bugs
- 14:04 Premier League stats: Which clubs have scored the most goals from...
- 14:03 Blues boss Gianfranco Zola "surrounded" at Birmingham New Street
- 14:03 Morrisons recall packs of meat as they may ‘cause meningitis’
- 14:03 Comment: Birmingham City can no longer blame bad luck - they're...
- 14:03 Sherlock tops international poll of most popular BBC characters