And here's one of me in front of the deadly crater full of blazing lava: 'Foolish' thrillseekers ignore danger to take photos near Indonesian volcano
Scores of thrillseekers have risked their lives to remain on the slopes of an erupting volcano to take ‘better photos’, rescue authorities in Indonesia said.
Almost 1000 tourists - 600 from overseas - were on Mount Barujari, a lower twin peak of the 3,700m high Mount Rinjani on the holiday island of Lombok, when the eruption came without warning.
Many managed to make their way down unofficial tracks, but up to 200 - described by an official as ‘foolish’ - insisted on remaining where they were or even climbing higher as plumes of white-hot ash soared above them.
Some were reported to have... read more
- 14:07 New roles for Dowson and Dickens as Saints confirm coaching structure
- 14:07 Detectives still working to establish motive for murder of teenager...
- 14:05 Burnley and Pendle estate agents granted council accreditation
- 14:05 Emilia Clarke's bizarre impact on baby names
- 14:04 Missing Workington man has been found
- 14:04 Met Office forecast Lincolnshire to be hotter and sunnier than...
- 14:03 BMW cars found to contain more than a dozen flaws
- 14:03 Terror suspect encouraged lone wolf attackers to 'target Prince...
- 14:02 Lions, tigers and bears: 11 of the best wildlife experiences in...
- 14:02 Prime Minister's Questions: The key bits and the verdict
- 14:02 College announces its new principal
- 14:01 Pontefract and Castleford junior football supplement out this week
- 13:59 Lions, tigers and bears: 11 of the best wildlife experiences in...
- 13:58 Lions, tigers and bears: 11 of the best wildlife experiences in...
- 13:58 R Kelly responds to #MuteRKelly campaign: 'It's too late'
- 13:58 Send us your questions for Arundhati Roy…
- 13:57 US employee suffers brain injury in China after 'abnormal sounds'
- 13:57 Dom Bess handed England debut for first Pakistan Test at Lord’s
- 13:57 Ian Wright has already changed his mind over new Arsenal manager...
- 13:57 Works to improve access and facilities
- 13:56 Met Office forecast Lincolnshire to be hotter and sunnier than...
- 13:56 Paraguay tribe joins search for missing Austrian tourist
- 13:54 Can I keep a dog in a flat?
- 13:51 Sunshine on Leith to be released on limited edition green vinyl
- 13:50 West Ham news: Club bigwigs should have snapped up an English boss...
- 13:50 Motionhouse dance company is now rehearsing at Vitsoe’s new...
- 13:49 Dementia-friendly pub The Tap Room opens doors at Worksop care home
- 13:49 Will Meghan Markle be queen... or US president?
- 13:49 Meghan Markle’s first public appearance as the Duchess of Sussex -...
- 13:49 Royal wedding gift bag sells on eBay for staggering £21,000