Ancient tombs hitch in hunt for vanished Ben Needham
He is worried about the discovery of suspected ancient tombs. Forensic specialists and an archaeologist have been combing an arid site on the Greek holiday island of Kos, where 21-month-old Ben was playing 25 years ago.
The excavation began after new evidence was found that the Sheffield toddler may have been killed and buried there, yards from where he vanished while his grandfather was renovating a property.
But British officers said their investigation would continue. Detective Inspector Jon Cousins, from South Yorkshire Police, said: “I was approached by Mr Troumouchis, the owner of the... read more
- 07:50 Galloway's Society for the Blind to host sight loss conference in...
- 07:50 Hospitals face predicted worst-ever A&E waiting times this winter
- 07:50 Nine in 10 back moving two doctors’ surgeries into new £6m health...
- 07:50 What is ASMR and why is everyone obsessed with it?
- 07:50 ‘After losing our baby daughter, I could never imagine being happy...
- 07:50 Police probe into Sheffield student death continues
- 07:49 New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern 'regrets Trump story'
- 07:48 Rihanna’s Fenty Beauty is named Invention of the Year
- 07:48 Mother told her husband ‘shouldn’t take daughter to the ladies’ loos’
- 07:47 Manchester United board promise to sign three Galacticos for...
- 07:47 Gorgeous creatures of NYC Downlow captured in 3D – in pictures
- 07:45 Scientists warn big rise in severe earthquakes is coming next year...
- 07:45 Delays after collision on M1 near Rotherham
- 07:43 Coronation Street boss Kate Oates reveals how she persuaded Alison...
- 07:42 Man arrested in police operation outside prison in Doncaster
- 07:40 Thanks for fantastic cheese on toast, Ian
- 07:39 Live: Breaking news, weather and travel Monday November 20
- 07:38 Queen and Duke star in new portraits to mark 70th anniversary
- 07:35 Beaten, drugged and locked up in mental hospital
- 07:34 Man arrested in police operation outside prison in Doncaster
- 07:34 How to do a job badly
- 07:33 Toddler found in abandoned car after police chase in Rotherham
- 07:33 Double yellow lines
- 07:33 Hundreds of lost lives on roads every year
- 07:32 Warwickshire aiming to benefit from Coventry UK City of Culture bid
- 07:32 Volunteers plant 1,500 trees to help woodland grow
- 07:30 Tombola staff are all tuckered out for I’m a Celeb launch
- 07:28 Are these piles of slop the worst school meals ever made?
- 07:28 Happy anniversary, your Majesty! Queen releases official portraits...
- 07:28 Work starts on new £350,000 visitor centre which aims to create a...