An Inspector Calls: Batty Langley’s is a total joy in the heart of London and its Georgian-style rooms come with superb bacon butties in the mornings
Batty Langley’s is such a wacky name that it’s a relief to discover that this quirky but beautifully appointed Georgian B&B in London’s Spitalfields is a total joy.
Mind you, my wife is in a proper bolsh on arrival. She has got hopelessly lost amid the City’s gleaning glass buildings and then realises she’s forgotten her washbag. I tell her she’s also forgotten her sense of humour.
But her mood changes as we walk through the hall with portraits of Batty (a successful 18th-century architect) and Mrs Langley on facing walls.
While I’m doing the necessary at reception she spots antiques,... read more
- 13:10 Sex attacker from Sutton Coldfield jailed for assaulting five women
- 13:10 New images released of Birmingham landmark restoration
- 13:10 Boxing: Ryan Kelly drums out a warning to title rival!
- 13:10 Leeds United provide update on the plans for a new club badge
- 13:10 Fishergate Bollard returns home
- 13:10 Privatising county NHS contract 'will only save 0.07%'
- 13:09 What is a ‘Meet me at McDonald’s’ haircut?
- 13:09 What is a polar vortex and when will the ‘Beast from the East’ hit...
- 13:09 Worksop veteran George celebrates 107th birthday
- 13:08 Drug dealers who peddled 'misery' from their luxury cars were...
- 13:08 Banned driver spared jail after leading police on 70mph chase
- 13:08 Sunderland City Council deemed 'inadequate' and warned over...
- 13:07 Barrow teen admits assaulting police officer
- 13:07 This Leeds charity is giving inner-city girls a voice - and it...
- 13:07 Privatising county NHS contract 'will only save 0.07%'
- 13:07 Barrow drink driver banned after being double legal limit
- 13:07 ‘Even after I was sectioned, no-one really knew quite what was...
- 13:06 NHS trust 'banking on people being too ill to object to changes' to...
- 13:06 French man who kept porn on work computer loses privacy appeal
- 13:06 'I beg you, stop': plea from mother who lost two sons to knife crime
- 13:06 Chester council steps in after wall collapses in Liverpool Road
- 13:05 Fresh police appeal after Spalding newsagents’ break-in
- 13:02 Phillip Schofield appears worse for wear as he downs tequila shots...
- 13:02 North Korea nuclear war threats to resume IN DAYS after Winter...
- 13:04 Councillor who backed ‘Bring Back the Golliwog’ campaign resigns
- 13:02 Next of gher-kin? Michael Buble tucks into a pickle as he joins...
- 13:02 Mercedes F1 2018 car launch: WATCH W09 on track for the first time
- 13:04 Specialist apartment helps Jean, 80, regain her independence
- 13:02 Jesy Nelson looked fuming after Jack Whitehall jokes about her...
- 13:02 Gareth Bale ‘digging his grave’ at Real Madrid… Sergio Ramos is not...