An £8.1m payday for boss of private equity firm SVG Capital in takeover war
The chief executive of private equity firm SVG Capital is set to pocket up to £8.1million following a fierce bidding war to take over the business.
Goldman Sachs and Canada Pension Plan Investment Board have launched a £1.1billion joint bid to buy SVG.
Their proposal is supported by the board and is likely to beat a rival £1billion offer from US competitor HarbourVest.
Goldman and the Canadian fund will pay 680p per share if investors give their approval.
RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next The firm that chose to wind down to avoid a US takeover: SVG... Resurgent stock market kickstarts... read more
- 04:27 Grenfell Tower: 27 tower blocks in 15 council areas fail cladding...
- 04:25 U.S. judge asked to expand order blocking Iraqis' deportation
- 04:23 Sign of labour? THIS is the time of day most babies are born
- 04:19 Marcel and Gabby are the latest Love Island couple into the...
- 04:15 Nintendo Games news reveals another great combination between Sega...
- 04:07 Primary school lands Northumbie
- 04:00 Romelu Lukaku hits back at angry Everton fans over Chelsea...
- 03:58 Scheme to limit commercial bins on city streets launched
- 03:55 Preparations underway for annual village carnival
- 03:54 Japan's Abe to push for constitution reform before year end - media
- 03:49 Albanians vote in crucial test for EU membership hopes
- 03:49 Hopes fading in China for 118 still missing day after landslide
- 03:43 Five ways politicians can win over young voters
- 03:41 French President Macron, PM Philippe approval ratings rise - poll
- 03:33 The teenagers growing up with cancer
- 03:33 Cash for sick child's treatment stolen
- 03:13 $esc.html($content.name)
- 03:06 Event to help form Lincolnshire health strategy
- 03:02 James Gallagher stuns Madison Square Garden with first-round finish...
- 03:02 Manchester United aim to have Alvaro Morata transfer finalised...
- 02:40 Colombian police arrest eight in mall bombing probe
- 02:27 Bellator 180 Fight Card LIVE: Follow all the action and results...
- 02:15 Aberdeen ready to block any bids for star midfielder Kenny McLean...
- 02:07 Four titles Celtic won in Rangers' absence count for nothing,...
- 02:07 Jordan Spieth remains top dog at Travelers Championship as world No...
- 02:07 Frank Lampard believes tying Antonio Conte down to a new contract...
- 02:04 Argentina's former president Fernandez launches Senate bid
- 01:58 Italians vote in mayoral run-off that may spur the centre-right
- 01:51 Guatemala: Officials and police charged over girls shelter blaze
- 01:49 East Libyan forces claim control of central Benghazi neighbourhood