American tycoon John Jay Moores is behind £50m deal to buy Nottingham Forest
The man behind the latest attempted takeover of Nottingham Forest is American millionaire and former owner of the San Diego Padres baseball franchise, John Jay Moores.
The 72-year-old Texan is the figurehead of a consortium working to complete a £50m deal to buy a majority stake in the club from Fawaz Al Hasawi.
The group have already had a period of exclusivity over a potential purchase of at least an 80% stake in the Championship club.
And it is understood that the due diligence process has been underway for some time.
There remain several hurdles to overcome before any deal is completed... read more
- 10:53 Which universities will be affected by strike action this month?
- 10:53 How you can help save a chicken from slaughter
- 10:53 Health chiefs warn asthma sufferers over recall of inhalers
- 10:53 Award-winning Leicestershire property consultancy makes two key...
- 10:53 Winter Olympics 2018: North Korea's General Kim Yong-chol to attend
- 10:52 British Gas owner Centrica to slash 4,000 jobs 'mostly in the UK'...
- 10:51 Update for Harrogate Town fans on progress of club's major...
- 10:50 REV RON GREENALL: Tall stories from Lancashire but always true
- 10:50 Queen of the South keeper crisis after goalie hurt by cow
- 10:49 EU rules out UK's preferred approach to future trade deal
- 10:48 Shooting survivors verified by Twitter to support their fight for...
- 10:48 Which universities are striking, what dates are the strikes and why...
- 10:48 Doncaster Voices: How important is town’s racecourse to economy?
- 10:48 'KFC closure not an emergency' police say, as chicken shortage...
- 10:48 Sheffield rocker returns to TV's Take Me Out in bid to land...
- 10:47 Sheffield rocker returns to TV's Take Me Out in bid to land...
- 10:47 Bluebird boat to return to water for first time since fatal...
- 10:47 Windmill restoration project wins share of £1.2m funding
- 10:46 Phil Smith looks at Sunderland, Ellis Short, Chris Coleman and a...
- 10:46 Boris Johnson urged to scrap plans for a bridge to France and spend...
- 10:46 Gadget: 5 of the best kitchen appliances
- 10:46 Sheffield Maplin staff watch and wait for sale
- 10:46 Arla plans to invest in Leeds
- 10:45 Game of Thrones season 8 leak: Show risks HUGE spoilers with major...
- 10:45 Totti: Mohamed Salah is world-class and can get even better
- 10:45 Design for Life: Natural settings belong to us all
- 10:44 Measles WARNING: Dr Chris urges parents to get children vaccinated...
- 10:44 What is World Thinking Day and what should I think about today?
- 10:44 REV RON GREENALL: Tall stories from Lancashire but always true
- 10:44 Don't strike the wrong note with musical antiques