American seniors are sicker than older people in every other developed country - and they struggle the most to afford care to get well
American seniors are sicker than over-65s in 10 other high-income countries, according to a new international survey.
More than one-third of older people in the US reported that they have more than one chronic condition.
Compared to other countries, Americans are the sickest, and most concerned about their ability to afford healthcare, with one-quarter worried what they spend on their health, or even basic necessities like housing and nutritious food.
People over 65 make up about 15 percent of the entire US population, but the survey found many felt they were unable to get the... read more
- 10:19 Former Sunderland footballer Darron Gibson could face jail today...
- 10:18 Man hospitalised after attack on couple in Chesterfield
- 10:18 Holly steps into the ruby slippers for stage debut
- 10:18 Adventurers’ tale given a twist for theatre’s outdoors season
- 10:18 Another chance to see Jason Manford muddling along
- 10:17 Ian Bell is backed to hit right notes again
- 10:17 Whatsapp is testing a Facebook sharing update which could prove...
- 10:16 Extra tickets for Lionel Richie's Northampton gig go on sale
- 10:15 More sponsors back the Coventry Telegraph Business Awards 2018
- 10:15 Accident in Nuneaton involving bus and car
- 10:15 Former Sunderland footballer Darron Gibson could face jail today...
- 10:13 Driver arrested after car rolls onto its roof
- 10:13 Videos and pictures: Andres Iniesta plays final match for Barcelona
- 10:13 Sante Fe school shooting: Suspect 'was rejected' by victim Shana...
- 10:12 Driver arrested after car rolls onto its roof
- 10:12 Woman ignores road closures to try and drive through half-marathon
- 10:12 Prince Harry and Meghan gave their wedding flowers to hospice patients
- 10:12 Ten-day heatwave to be broken by thunderstorms before return to...
- 10:10 Holly steps into the ruby slippers for stage debut
- 10:10 Event to give Borderlands growth deal a boost
- 10:10 Two arrested over 1988 backpacker murder
- 10:10 Noise alert for Preston residents as overnight railway line works...
- 10:10 The Big Walk event arrives in Carlisle
- 10:10 Homeless people are jailed and fined £1,000 as councils crack down...
- 10:10 Adventurer dies on his eighth attempt to climb Mount Everest
- 10:10 Join in the fun - you know the day and time!
- 10:09 Chelsea news: Eden Hazard knows about Man City interest, Pep...
- 10:09 Liverpool 'to open talks with Lyon over signing Nabil Fekir'
- 10:09 20-goal season star 'agrees deal to join Manchester United'
- 10:09 Station signs point out the healthy way to travel