Ambulances left waiting more than an HOUR outside Merseyside A&E's
Ambulances were left queuing for more than an hour outside Merseyside A&E’s during Christmas week.
The latest figures show that between Christmas Day and New Year’s Eve, 315 ambulances were delayed by more than an hour when transferring patients.
And one in six ambulances that were left waiting were arriving at hospital with patients.
As well as the long waits, A&E at Warrington Hospital closed to incoming ambulances on three occasions during Christmas week.
At Wirral University Teaching Hospital, the organisation that runs Arrowe Park Hospital , 106 ambulances waited more than an... read more
- 07:29 BBC weather: Matt Taylor issues snow warning as wintery conditions...
- 07:29 GRITTER WATCH: Calderdale gritters take to the night ahead of...
- 07:29 The Dean’s Reflection column with John Dobson
- 07:29 Met Office issue further snow and ice weather warning for Calderdale
- 07:22 Ronaldo to Man Utd: Real Madrid star will not handle Premier League...
- 07:23 CCTV APPEAL: Theft from Leyland warehouse
- 07:22 Second man charged with conspiracy to murder over death in Moira...
- 07:22 Manchester City v Newcastle Utd: DeAndre Yedlin confident for...
- 07:22 LIVE: breaking news, traffic, travel and weather in Lincolnshire...
- 07:22 The Dean’s Reflection column with John Dobson
- 07:12 Chorley boss Matt Jansen backs Nick Haughton for Football League...
- 07:12 Aubameyang, Mkhitaryan and Malcom NOT ENOUGH for Arsenal - Lawrenson
- 07:11 Guest column: Public spaces are a jewel in Worksop’s crown
- 07:10 Woman charged over knifepoint robberies in Sheffield
- 07:10 Crimean memorial
- 07:10 Lib Dems and scandal of our empty homes
- 07:09 Appeal for help in raising £1.5million for Warwick church tower...
- 07:07 This is how to get rid of bad breath
- 07:07 Guest column: Public spaces are a jewel in Worksop’s crown
- 07:04 Man Utd end interest in Brazil star to hand Tottenham huge transfer...
- 07:03 Sturgeon says councils could get power to police Airbnb
- 07:03 Mother charges five-year-old daughter rent ‘to teach her about the...
- 07:00 Bamber Bridge have the stomach for promotion battle
- 06:56 Sunderland school celebrates Ofsted success
- 06:56 Businessman gets drink-driving ban after crashing after leaving...
- 06:56 Group campaigning about future of NHS launched in Sunderland
- 06:56 Sunderland hospital takes in 50 flu patients in a week
- 06:56 Sunderland fitness guru’s guide to getting fit for 2018
- 06:55 Alexis Sanchez to Man Utd: Jose Mourinho and Ed Woodward agree...
- 06:54 Crews sought for Antarctica voyage