Ambulances arrived 'late to 35% of life-threatening emergencies' in one year
Ambulances we re late to 35% of all life-threatening emergencies - category A calls - in the 12 months to the end of August, according to NHS England figures analysed by the Daily Mail. Ambulances should arrive on the scene for these most urgent calls within eight minutes.
Separate figures obtained by Labour under the Freedom of Information Act showed that thousands of patients taken to hospital by ambulance face long delays before being seen by A&E staff.
Ambulances should be able to hand over patients to A&E staff within 15 minutes of arrival but the figures showed the number of... read more
- 06:32 Simon Thomas says heartbreaking farewell to wife who died from...
- 06:29 Man City news and transfer rumours LIVE Pep Guardiola updates and...
- 06:29 Man City sent a Tottenham a warning ahead of Premier League clash
- 06:29 One Manchester United player may change Jose Mourinho's transfer plans
- 06:28 Man Utd news: Jose Mourinho has a lot of enemies, Man City incident...
- 06:28 A-levels 2017: One in four expected to achieve top A-level grades
- 06:26 Spy in the camp: It's promotion or bust for Aston Villa boss Steve...
- 06:26 Kids battling cancer will be given superhero radiotherapy masks
- 06:24 Effort is needed on challenge to defeat loneliness
- 06:22 Brexit cafe to heal referendum wounds
- 06:20 Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp is among the best on the planet -...
- 06:20 ‘We’ve beaten cancer – now for the marathon’
- 06:19 Transport cash funding targeted by MPs upset over region’s share
- 06:19 Manchester City’s plan for global domination
- 06:19 Sunderland mum qualifies as city’s first female Asian driving...
- 06:19 Teacher banned for life from classroom after affair with...
- 06:19 Sunderland man caught dumping rubbish outside of neighbour's home
- 06:19 Almost 80 youths identified by police over trouble in town
- 06:19 Jim Duffy: How Tech Gods have taken over a low-tax Mount Olympus
- 06:19 John McLaren: Income tax changes have economic and political risks
- 06:19 David Bell: Tax re-jig brings modest returns but rich in symbolism
- 06:17 Effort is needed on challenge to defeat loneliness
- 06:17 High praise for Yorkshire fare in comprehensive new foodie poll
- 06:17 Liverpool news LIVE updates: Barcelona Coutinho rebellion, Pele...
- 06:17 Desborough woman stole £25,000 from man with dementia
- 06:16 Jail for Alvaston serial criminal who ransacked couple's Chaddesden...
- 06:16 Toyota to mark 25 years of manufacturing at Burnaston today
- 06:16 NHS Lothian clash with Scottish Government over hospital care
- 06:16 Derby care home sex abuse victim vents her anger at being 'left...
- 06:16 Calls for ban on energy drinks being sold to kids