Ambulance worker gives birth in car near Wolverhampton
An emergency services worker who refused to call an ambulance after her waters broke gave birth at the roadside.
Sarah Blaze did not want to dial 999 from her Bridgnorth home, fearing a colleague would attend.
She said: "The last thing I wanted was for somebody I know or speak to on a regular basis to see me in that way."
The 35 year old gave birth to son William on the way to New Cross Hospital, Wolverhampton.
Sarah, who works for West Midlands Ambulance Service, was told she was in early labour and to go home when she first went to hospital with husband Stuart, 40, on Friday.... read more
- 14:00 Danger driver jailed for more than six years after devastating...
- 14:00 Naked man found handcuffed and hanged in latex gas mask by...
- 14:00 Italy avalanche: Incredible footage shows moment young boy is...
- 13:59 David Haye creates new promotion company Hayemaker Ringstar in...
- 13:59 Diego Costa is available to play against Hull on Sunday... and he...
- 13:58 Man in court accused of attempted murder of police officer
- 13:58 Appeal lodged following Carlisle pub assault
- 13:58 REVEALED: Derbyshire schools GCSE performance tables
- 13:58 Rangers star Barrie McKay should jump at the chance to move to...
- 13:57 Police want to trace this Tuebrook man as part of attack probe
- 13:57 FC Stratford boss Poulson rues poor decision-making
- 13:57 Wirksworth joins ‘Bridges not Walls’ banner drop as Donald Trump...
- 13:57 QUICK QUIZ: This week’s news in questions
- 13:56 Builder, 34, has jail term slashed after attack on Andy Bemrose
- 13:56 JAILED: Depraved man who attempted to rape young girl filmed his...
- 13:56 Driver suspected of killing four in Melbourne crash ‘was out on bail’
- 13:56 Top 10 most complained about adverts of 2016
- 13:56 Gainsborough man who stole £978 in cash dodges jail sentence
- 13:55 Pokemon Go NEWS: Next BIG Niantic event update will SURPRISE you
- 13:55 Man in court accused of attempted murder of police officer
- 13:55 Sunderland have fewest goalscorers in Europe's top five leagues...
- 13:54 US STOCKS-Wall St set to rise ahead of Trump inauguration
- 13:54 Festive period busiest on record for region’s NHS
- 13:53 We tried masturbating at work for a week and this is what happened
- 13:53 Arsenal legend Ian Wright drops Chelsea transfer bombshell
- 13:53 Antonio Conte provides huge update on Chelsea striker Diego Costa
- 13:53 Chelsea boss Antonio Conte confirms transfer bid
- 13:53 Koeman's message for Everton FC ahead of Palace trip
- 13:52 Man with colossal half-a-metre penis that reaches his knee insists...
- 13:52 Roll on spring, say frustrated Preston drivers