Ambulance pressure: Five ways services are innovating
Ambulance services across the UK are facing growing pressures. Demand is increasing, and they are struggling to hit their targets to respond to life-threatening emergency calls.
Around the NHS, ambulance bosses are looking at new and innovative ways to deliver the vital emergency service. Some are pretty radical and wide-ranging, others are small-scale.
But all have one ambition: to ensure those at most risk get a response as quickly as possible.
Treat fewer patients as emergencies Wales, like the rest of the UK, was struggling to respond to life-threatening calls within the eight-minute... read more
- 13:34 Winds of 70mph predicted as Storm Brian expected to sweep in this...
- 13:33 What happens when we die? Study says we might still know what's...
- 13:33 Flying Scotsman investigation at Nene Valley Railway
- 13:33 Employment gap closes in on East Midlands
- 13:33 Norovirus sufferers 'should avoid preparing food for two days'
- 13:33 Police hunt for vehicle used in three Notts crimes
- 13:32 Heading for the heights at Kirkby on Bain school
- 13:31 West Cumbrian hotel nominated for national award
- 13:31 Cambridge Uni issues Shakespeare trigger warnings
- 13:30 Manchester United great Paul Scholes reacted hilariously to...
- 13:30 Teespring is now selling Eat Sleep Rape Repeat and other...
- 13:30 War veterans to switch on Banbury’s Christmas lights
- 13:30 The number of schoolkids taking term-time holiday has RISEN
- 13:30 VIDEO: Banbury fun fair continues
- 13:30 Lack of EU trade agreement would be catastrophic for jobs, says...
- 13:30 You may know you're dead AFTER you die - according to science
- 13:30 Norovirus sufferers 'should avoid preparing food for two days'
- 13:30 You can now go around the solar system on Google Maps - here's how
- 13:29 What would the total distance be if you added up the depth of every...
- 13:29 Sheffield property that became magnet for trouble closed down
- 13:28 Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool stars all nominated for Champions...
- 13:28 Grantham Mayor’s Parlour receives old cake topper
- 13:27 What would the total distance be if you added up the depth of every...
- 13:27 Prescribed goods from NHS cutbacks include gluten-free food and...
- 13:26 What would the total distance be if you added up the depth of every...
- 13:26 Part of Leyes Lane in Kenilworth flooded
- 13:26 New Look’s fad diet shirt was in bad taste, but it’s up to us to...
- 13:26 Hundreds of children to take part in arts project at Chester...
- 13:26 Police investigate robbery at Notts village shop
- 13:25 Sheffield property that became magnet for trouble closed down