Ambulance centre fire treated as arson
FIREFIGHTERS were able salvage an ambulance centre in Chadderton on Sunday night.
Three pumps from Oldham arrived shortly after 6.30pm at St John's Ambulance Centre, in Busk Road, to reports that the bins attached to the end of building had been set alight.
A few of the windows had cracked and there was some damage to the roof but fire services were able to stop the blaze from spreading further.
They were there for around 90 minutes.
Residents claimed to have seen youths in and around the site.
Police say it is being treated as arson and are now investigating.
- 20:33 Photographer's dilemma after spotting something incredible as bride...
- 20:32 Impressive Victoria Azarenka sets up Madison Keys clash as Katie...
- 20:31 These are the best Premier Fantasy League team names
- 20:31 Manchester United 'plot ambitious £50m summer move' as Jose...
- 20:24 Morning mail: Labor and Coalition under privacy pressure
- 20:24 Peru president Pedro Pablo Kuczynski resigns amid corruption scandal
- 20:22 Mark Zuckerberg admits ‘mistakes’ over protecting Facebook users
- 20:16 Boris Johnson compares Russia's World Cup to Nazi Olympics amid...
- 20:13 Mark Zuckerberg admits Facebook made mistakes after data...
- 20:13 Manchester United prepare £40m bid for Raphael Varane to solve...
- 20:10 How do companies use my loyalty card data?
- 20:10 Liverpool star Emre Can explains Bayern Munich transfer decision...
- 20:10 Shoreham air crash: Pilot Andy Hill to be charged over deaths
- 20:09 Burton man in a critical condition after A38 crash near Fradley
- 20:05 Prepare for more extreme weather: Storms like the 'Beast from the...
- 20:05 Thought deleting your Facebook was enough? Firm and its advertisers...
- 20:02 Bargain Booze owner Conviviality must raise £125m to halt bankruptcy
- 19:58 Council gets tough on Priory Square
- 19:55 Liverpool legend Phil Thompson makes ‘pushover’ claim about Mohamed...
- 19:54 Memorial to victims of London terror attacks on anniversary
- 19:54 May told to fix fishing plans or rebels will sink Brexit deal
- 19:53 Son of former Coventry City star opens up about his grief following...
- 19:53 'Dead certs' - Experts covering Coventry City's promotion rivals...
- 19:52 Genetic profiling could breed cattle resistant to tuberculosis
- 19:51 Boris likens Russia World Cup to Hitler's Berlin Olympics
- 19:49 Long haul operator to land at Doncaster Sheffield Airport
- 19:48 'We made mistakes' - Facebook's Zuckerberg
- 19:46 Scammers target Cumbria homeowners
- 19:44 Scammers target Cumbria homeowners
- 19:42 Indoor bouldering wall to open in Ellesmere Port this summer