Amber Rudd, Mein Kampf and worrying views on immigration
There’s been a lot of nostalgia on the TV of late and I just wondered if it had gone to the head of Prime Minister Theresa May.
For she seems to be guiding her party back to the 1960s and not the hip, trendy and happening 60s but the ugly bigoted bit of it.
Take Home Secretary Amber Rudd’s speech to the Tory party faithful last week - and presumably OK-ed by May - when she came over all UKIP about immigration.
She said foreigners were taking jobs British people could have while unveiling new powers to drive down the number of immigrants coming to the UK. Rudd also talked about “naming and... read more
- 18:15 Crash between car and lorry causes traffic chaos in Hedon Road, Hull
- 18:15 Jessica Lawson WILL get her colourful memorial bench thanks to...
- 18:14 Flu outbreak closes Stockport high school for five days
- 18:13 Good turnout to Melton’s 2016 Fatstock Show
- 18:13 Strobe lighting provides a flicker of hope in the fight against...
- 18:08 Nottingham luxury handbag designer targets Selfridges with new brand
- 18:07 Manhunt sparked after convicted arsonist escapes from Sudbury prison
- 18:07 'Flashing light therapy' for Alzheimer's
- 18:06 Telford & Wrekin Council emergency meeting over A&E plans - updates
- 18:06 Tata commits to future in Port Talbot - saving 4,000 jobs
- 18:06 Chelsea legend: This is why Diego Costa is totally outperforming...
- 18:05 Here’s the moment an exhausted baby seal was found wadding a mile...
- 18:05 Tastes of the black stuff at Gosberton Winter Ale Festival
- 18:05 Burglars steal child’s quad bike from Moulton
- 18:04 Know your place, robots! Brain study from Google AI lab could help...
- 18:04 Incredible X-rays show how lithium-ion batteries explode: Gas...
- 18:04 Real Madrid v Borussia Dortmund, UEFA Champions League LIVE: Follow...
- 18:04 Brendan Rodgers hoping respectable Champions League campaign...
- 18:04 UEFA Champions League scores: Tottenham v CSKA Moscow, Porto v...
- 18:03 Rape trial hears child 'did not make up evidence'
- 18:02 US STOCKS-Dow, S&P hit highs; Trump comment hammers drug stocks
- 18:02 Musk's SpaceX says rockets to remain grounded until January
- 17:59 Mansfield man faces drug dealing trial at crown court
- 17:58 City secondary school is "inadequate" says Ofsted
- 17:58 Edinburgh creatice agency launches Chrimojis pack
- 17:56 Four arrested on suspicion of intent to supply drugs in Sainsbury's...
- 17:53 Mansfield man faces drug dealing trial at crown court
- 17:53 Homeless man stole to buy food in Mansfield
- 17:53 Trainspotting 2 posters released
- 17:53 Five fantastic castles you can spend Christmas in