Amazon sells ‘Arab’ and ‘Sexy Burka’ costumes modelled by people in brownface
It’s almost Halloween, that time of year when some people think it’s acceptable to black up and call it a ‘costume’.
Amazon has come under fire for selling ‘Arab’ costumes featuring white models with what looks like brown shoe polish smeared on their faces.
One such costume, modelled by a browned-up man in sunglasses, comes complete with a white tunic and red and white keffiyah.
And if you really want to dress up as an orientalist douchebag this Halloween, there’s also – wait for it – a ‘sexy burka’ costume.
Complete with full face niqab-style veil, the costume is otherwise basically your... read more
- 08:45 Butcher attacked with ‘go vegan’ graffiti and threatened with...
- 08:42 Long weekend? Not for small business owners
- 08:41 Real Madrid name their price for Gareth Bale to Manchester United
- 08:41 Police investigate two-car crash in Barrow
- 08:39 What crisis? Citizenship doom turning to boon for Coalition
- 08:38 Long weekend? Not for small business owners
- 08:37 Skate park given green light in St Helens town centre
- 08:37 Man, 22, fined £1,770 for fly-tipping
- 08:37 Popular St Helens pub closes its doors
- 08:37 How close would you get to Knowsley Safari’s tigers?
- 08:37 Keep a winning smile
- 08:35 The most incredible private island resorts EVER: Hire an entire...
- 08:35 Roads police focus on detecting the ‘fatal four’ before reckless...
- 08:34 Man Utd transfer news: Toby Alderweireld move given OK by Spurs...
- 08:33 LINCS ECB PREMIER: Round-up
- 08:33 Bovey inspires Alford and District to first win of Lincs ECB...
- 08:33 Greggs, McDonald’s and KFC opening times for Bank Holiday Monday
- 08:33 Theresa May faces call to to reform NI abortion laws after repeal...
- 08:33 UK engineer Smiths starts merger talks with US rival
- 08:31 Mountain man Robert's life of adventure and photography
- 08:32 Domestic abuse casting a shadow over many lives in Lancashire
- 08:31 Call for Wigan estate clean-up before massive revamp
- 08:31 Gossip: Busy summers for Liverpool and Manchester United?
- 08:24 Domestic abuse casting a shadow over many lives in Lancashire
- 08:24 Abortion: Theresa May urged to act on NI's strict law
- 08:20 Probe as car crashes into brick wall and lands in garden
- 08:20 Shock as Wigan knife and gun criminals' short sentences
- 08:20 Car set on fire in social club's car park
- 08:20 Amazon in the dock over the Manchester bomber: Terrorist who killed...
- 08:20 BBC historian suggests the British Museum should have a...