Amazon hiring 300 more staff for new Daventry warehouse
Online retail giant Amazon is hiring another 300 staff for a new warehouse set to open next year as it ramps up expansion to meet surging demand.
The group said its new warehouse in Daventry, Northamptonshire, will help boost its 150 million-strong product range and support a 40% hike in the number of independent sellers on Amazon Marketplace.
It comes as growth in online shopping shows no sign of slowing and adds to Amazon's two new warehouses already due to open next year in Doncaster and Tilbury.
Amazon plans to add 3,500 jobs this year to take its UK workforce to more than 15,500, while... read more
- 09:46 EU nationals living in UK CAN stay after Brexit, Theresa May confirms
- 09:46 Airdrieonians and Albion Rovers face tough start to the League One...
- 09:44 Survey reveals Warwickshire adults lost £9 million to cyber crime
- 09:44 Disabled horse riding charity near Warwick to become new headquarters
- 09:44 VW waives appeal against German dieselgate compensation cases
- 09:43 When does Ramadan end and what is it? Everything you need to know...
- 09:42 Magical mystery tour challenge for pals
- 09:42 Devastated Leicester man explains how best friend died on mountain...
- 09:41 Rejoice, for you can now buy a £140 Prada paperclip with which to...
- 09:41 Why taking a summer time swim in a reservoir could cost you everything
- 09:40 Cheryl takes up private boxing lessons to keep fit following the...
- 09:40 Child rapist jailed for eight years
- 09:39 Skipper convinced of Finals Day presence
- 09:39 PICTURE: Car ends up on roof on busy Sheffield road
- 09:38 Update | Victim of attempted murder alive but still in a critical...
- 09:38 Folk hero who played her last ever gig in Northamptonshire is...
- 09:38 Barrow bakers knead one last push to hit fundraising goal
- 09:38 Video: Amazing footage of Knypersely Reservoir
- 09:38 Oil edges up, but still set for worst first half performance in 20...
- 09:37 Man Utd 2017/18 home kit images leaked online
- 09:36 PICTURE: Car ends up on roof on busy Sheffield road
- 09:35 Planning applications received by Harrogate Borough Council, week...
- 09:35 Birmingham City and John Terry: The story so far
- 09:35 Stand up if you love West Brom: Albion 'very keen' for safe standing
- 09:34 Dani Alves issues huge Manchester City hint after breaking silence...
- 09:34 The Transport Talk column with Don Mackenzie
- 09:34 Flats evacuated due to blaze
- 09:34 Pair guilty of taking Ellen’s belongings
- 09:34 Burglars caught on CCTV ransacking play centre
- 09:33 Steps release EMOTIONAL new music video for latest single - written...