'Amateurish' lorry driver who stole £5,000 worth of cigarettes is spared jail
A 'naïve' lorry driver who is believed to have worked as part of a gang stole more than £5,000 of cigarettes and tobacco while he was on his way to make three deliveries.
Zbigniew Cieslik, of Bridge Street, Ilkeston, was employed as a delivery driver and was on his way to three Co-op stores in Yorkshire to drop off goods - but on each occasion the cigarettes and tobacco were missing from his load.
Each of the three shops filled in delivery notes saying their tobacco was not in the load. But Cieslik used correction fluid to cover over that part of the form, and filled it in to say they were... read more
- 11:47 Man charged after more than 53 phones reportedly stolen during...
- 11:47 How Coventry City should line up without this man at Stevenage -...
- 11:46 RUMOUR MILL: Allardyce or McInnes to take over at West Brom, while...
- 11:46 WEATHER WARNING: Strong winds set to batter our region
- 11:45 WEATHER WARNING: Strong winds set to batter our region
- 11:45 Best supplements for arthritis: These FOUR could be a natural CURE...
- 11:45 BREAKING: Wakefield Council scraps parking-charge plans across the...
- 11:45 England braced to be battered by 70mph winds as Met Office issues...
- 11:44 Primark is selling these cute Disney Christmas baby grows - and...
- 11:44 'This is why you don't see police around as much': 'Furious' police...
- 11:44 Something for everyone at Clitheroe Fairtrade market
- 11:44 This is how the National Lottery is set to change in 2018
- 11:42 Weather warning issued for Lancaster district
- 11:42 Motorcyclist injured in 'serious' crash near Beacon Hill Country...
- 11:41 Drug addict jailed after aggravated burglary at Mablethorpe shop
- 11:41 Holbeach are footy champs
- 11:40 Camelot plans changes to Lotto next year after drop in sales
- 11:40 Labour MPs angry after Pro-EU voters 'betrayed' by front bench
- 11:39 VIDEO: 100 firearms handed in during Derbyshire surrender
- 11:39 Who actually cares about the Budget? Eight reasons why the people...
- 11:39 Want to have a very merry Christmas? Here's what you need to do
- 11:39 National Lottery set for HUGE changes in 2018 - how it affects you
- 11:38 Boots hasn’t lowered the cost of the morning after pill, but is now...
- 11:38 St Annes' Easterleigh Animal Sanctuary still going strong
- 11:38 Dancers attempt to break world record in support of Children in Need
- 11:37 Three held in Gaia Pope investigation reveal why they were arrested
- 11:36 Dementia patients prescribed unnecessary drugs to keep them calm
- 11:36 What is happening in Zimbabwe? Timeline of how the coup unfolded
- 11:36 Louth Golf Club: Brackenbury wins Past Captains Trophy
- 11:36 Ed Sheeran and Stormzy nominated for scaled-back BBC Music Awards