Alvaston mum afraid to leave her young son with dangerous tumble dryer
A mum says she is afraid to leave her three-year-old boy in the same room as her tumble dryer after learning how dangerous they are.
The cleaner from Alvaston said she was told she would have to wait for a YEAR before someone could come to fix the unsafe machine.
A reported 5.3 million dryers made by Whirlpool brands Hotpoint, Indesit and Creda between April 2004 and September 2015 are subject to a safety notice about a fire risk, which is caused by excess fluff coming into contact with the heating element.
IN OTHER NEWS: Chaddesden dad forced to borrow money from his parents to replace... read more
- 21:24 Ikea recalls chair amid reports of collapse and injuries
- 21:23 Chester council takes legal action against Travellers
- 21:23 First full Derby City Council meeting of 2017 expected to be lively...
- 21:19 Mother of boys killed by father hands in petition to the PM
- 21:18 Trump's voter fraud claim 'based on evidence'
- 21:12 Three teenagers arrested over carjacking in Kings Heath
- 21:11 New era for your Grantham Journal
- 21:11 S&P 500, Nasdaq hit record highs on bank, tech gains
- 21:10 How Aston Villa's line-up could look after the January transfer window
- 21:09 Manchester City keen on signing Valencia youngster Nabil Touaizi
- 21:09 Togo 1-3 DR Congo: Leopards stroll to victory over Sparrow Hawks to...
- 21:09 Morocco 1-0 Ivory Coast: Eric Bailly, Wilfred Zaha and Co heading...
- 21:08 Burton residents urged to vote for their favourite buildings in the...
- 21:08 Mother of two boys murdered by father after divorce calls for end...
- 21:07 Euromillions Results: Winning numbers for tonight's massive jackpot...
- 21:06 Eric Bailly heads back to Manchester United early after Ivory...
- 21:06 S&P 500, NASDAQ COMPOSITE SET RECORD CLOSING HIGHS
- 21:05 Sunderland art forger is jailed for ‘Pitman Painter’ con
- 21:05 FA throw County Durham Sunday league team out of a cup after...
- 21:04 Commuters face ‘hellish’ scenes after derailed train causes chaos...
- 21:03 Manchester United defender Eric Bailly to return from Africa Cup of...
- 21:01 Sir Alex Ferguson doubts any current Manchester United star can...
- 21:01 Euro 2016 ace agrees to join Aston Villa: Medical tomorrow
- 21:01 Sir Alex Ferguson: This is what I really think of Jose Mourinho's...
- 21:01 West Bridgford barman gets ban after smoking spliff before driving
- 21:01 Emmerdale spoilers: Debbie Dingle reveals tragic cancer secret
- 21:01 EastEnders spoilers: Lee Carter, not Whitney, to die in final bus...
- 20:59 Paris Gourtsoyannis: UK Constitutional crisis has not been averted
- 20:55 This strange VR experience ‘can cure you of your fear of dying’
- 20:51 Concerns remain over Police Scotland call centres