Alton Towers starts to see recovery in trade
Trade has started to recover at Alton Towers following a crash on its Smiler rollercoaster last year.
Its owners, Merlin Entertainments, said visitor numbers had picked up over summer, but that overall numbers "still remain some way below the 2014 level".
On Tuesday, the company was fined £5m for the incident, for which it has apologised.
Sixteen people were injured in the June 2015 crash, including two teenage girls who needed leg amputations.
"We have learned every lesson from what happened last year and made a number of technical and procedural improvements to make sure... read more
- 02:34 Appeal for help to find former Doncaster woman
- 02:27 Leader of Australia's biggest state economy quits politics
- 02:26 Blake’s concern over Powerhouse “shift”
- 02:20 Tina & Bobby: The real golden couple – in pictures
- 02:19 Memphis Depay to Lyon: Man United winger pictured on arrival as...
- 02:19 Australian Open: Brit Kyle Edmund crashes out in straight sets to...
- 02:17 Toshiba shares slump on reports of U.S. nuclear business loss
- 02:17 Banks face talent crisis amid mounting costs of employee turnover -...
- 02:14 OSCE report cites concerns about U.S. electoral system - German media
- 02:14 Conor McGregor vs. Nate Diaz III will happen - Joe Rogan
- 02:14 British Tennis ace Dan Evans reveals worries during stunning...
- 02:10 Kyle Edmund crashes out of Australian Open after second-round...
- 02:07 Germany says boosting defence spending, demands clear U.S. agenda
- 02:00 China says police and judges need absolute loyalty to party
- 01:53 NHS staff shortages: Why so persistent?
- 01:53 The man correcting stories about Muslims
- 01:51 UPDATE: Police have formally identified teenage girl
- 01:50 Sedentary lifestyle in older women 'ages body cells'
- 01:49 Australian Open: Brit Johanna Konta picks off Naomi Osaka to reach...
- 01:45 Eddie Jones undecided on whether Dylan Hartley will lead England at...
- 01:44 Johanna Konta overcomes Naomi Osaka as Karolina Pliskova charges...
- 01:39 Australia Day campaign raises A$100,000 to replace billboard
- 01:34 Johanna Konta surges into round three of the Australian Open with a...
- 01:34 Worry over severity of WP Nel's neck injury that could keep...
- 01:24 Arsenal captain Per Mertesacker has been integral to Shkodran...
- 01:24 Mike Tyson releases diss track targeting Floyd Mayweather and...
- 01:23 Gambia's President Jammeh refuses to leave office as deadline passes
- 01:21 Manchester United star Anthony Martial was a huge fan of Ronaldo...
- 01:12 Robotic sleeve 'hugs' failing hearts
- 01:08 Looking ahead this year’s activities