Almost half of young Australian adults binge-drink every month, report says
Almost half of young Australian adults engage in binge-drinking on at least a monthly basis, a new report shows – but across the board rates of alcohol consumption are falling.
Findings from the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare on trends in alcohol availability, use and treatment show that 18- to 24-year-olds are most likely to report risky drinking behaviour.
The report says 47% reported drinking more than four standard drinks on a single occasion on at least a monthly basis, 33% consumed 11 or more standard drinks on a single occasion at least yearly, and 18% at least monthly.... read more
- 00:15 Observer killer sudoku
- 00:10 Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp criticises Loris Karius for mistakes...
- 00:05 London to introduce contactless payment scheme for buskers
- 00:03 Barnaby Joyce and Vikki Campion reportedly sell story to Channel...
- 00:03 Liverpool comes together for the Champions League final but cup is...
- 00:01 Why cleaner seas can be bad news for birds
- 00:00 IPL final betting preview as Chennai Super Kings face...
- 23:54 Biggest Weekend shows the power of a singalong
- 23:53 Alan Bean, moon-walking astronaut and artist, dies aged 86
- 23:49 Joy for Canadian bagpiper charged over Sgian Dubh in sock
- 23:46 Auld Reekie ‘too posh’ for Old Kent Road
- 23:38 In search of lost manuscripts: essays reveal Proust’s love of...
- 23:36 Ukraine violence shows RT is dangerous, says SNP’s McDonald
- 23:36 Scottish Labour group backs vote on final Brexit deal
- 23:36 Alastair Ross: Seize the chance to save young drivers
- 23:36 Euan McColm: SNP reality check’s a great case for devolution
- 23:36 Independence blueprint ‘a hard sell’ warn radicals for Yes
- 23:32 Man charged with murder after death of Sheffield teenager
- 23:31 Charlatans threaten stem cell research with unproven cures, say...
- 23:28 Mohamed Salah given major boost with X-ray results on shoulder injury
- 23:26 Insight: What tips men over the edge of despair
- 23:22 Review: Isuzu D-Max Blade Double Cab Blade
- 23:20 Leader: Free prescriptions help better off at NHS expense
- 23:18 Dani Garavelli: Tragic legacy drags Ireland into modern world
- 23:17 ‘Scientific research’ behind launch of first Scottish Dry gin
- 23:15 A bitter pill: free paracetamol bill reaches £57m
- 23:11 92-year-old told to tear down beloved rose bushes for encroaching...
- 23:09 Seven tips to help you find your way through the mortgage maze
- 23:04 Why Liverpool should still feel proud despite Champions League...
- 23:04 Cristiano Ronaldo mocks Gareth Bale after Real Madrid beat...