Allotment holders in Birkby dig for answers after new school plan revealed
Allotment holders in Birkby have urged Kirklees Council to tell them their fate.
The plea came after the Examiner revealed that part of an allotments site was to be ripped up to build a new £10 million school.
The council has plans for a new 420-pupil primary school on land at Clare Hill. A sports pitch, owned by Greenhead College, will go along with around 21 allotment plots on the neighbouring Cemetery Road Allotments at Birkby.
Designs show that while the school would be built on the sports pitch, two multi-use games areas (MUGAs) will be created on the allotments.
Kirklees would need to... read more
- 12:06 Recruitment drive for Rotherham NHS Trust Urgent and Emergency care...
- 12:06 COLUMN: Behind the scenes...with The Hepworth Wakefield
- 12:06 25 soap spoilers: EastEnders deadly disaster, Coronation Street...
- 12:06 Britain’s Got Talent judges left speechless after act ‘walks off...
- 12:06 Cop saves pal’s life three times
- 12:06 Bridges Not Walls Trump protest fails to gather momentum in...
- 12:05 ‘Missed opportunities’ to save Poppy from her ‘blighted’ life
- 12:05 Tamworth FC sell Greg Mills to Nuneaton Town as Morrell eyes double...
- 12:05 Dordon singer rubs shoulders with X Factor finalist Saara Alto
- 12:05 Atherstone factory finally set for redevelopment after plans agreed
- 12:05 Paris police search for man on Metro stabbing spree
- 12:05 Finally! Redheads may be getting their own emoji after an...
- 12:05 NHS transformation plans are beset by infighting
- 12:05 Return to Perth for star striker Stevie May is unlikely says Tommy...
- 12:05 EXCLUSIVE: Luke Rockhold to undergo stem cell treatment on injured...
- 12:05 Top 10 most complained about adverts of 2016
- 12:05 Nominations open for the Citizenship Awards for Todmorden 2017
- 12:04 Brother and sister pass driving tests at same time on same day
- 12:04 Do you have dashcam footage of M1 crash?
- 12:04 Friends join forces to cash in on the trend for vintage
- 12:04 ScotRail managing director Phil Verster steps down
- 12:03 Church fracking claim sparks online war
- 12:03 Your chance to see Wicked within 45 minutes from Coventry...
- 12:03 Steven Todd: How will Brexit affect construction?
- 12:03 Why Tottenham could crush Manchester City this weekend
- 12:03 Under fire ScotRail chief Phil Verster quits
- 12:02 Targeting hare coursers in Crowland and Deeping St James
- 12:02 Christine joins council shared management teams
- 12:02 Brutal Derby attacker Christopher Magee sentenced today - live updates
- 12:01 Everton Expected XI: Tom Davies to start in 3-5-2 to face Crystal...