Allardyce scandal has left England a ‘laughing stock’ of world football, claims Shearer
Allardyce lost his job as Three Lions boss last night following a newspaper sting in which he offered advice to bogus businessmen related to transfers.
His tenure lasted just 67 days and he oversaw one game - a 1-0 World Cup 2018 qualifying win against Slovakia.
Shearer, who scored 30 goals in 63 international appearances for England, told BBC Radio 5 Live: “It's incredible and a catastrophic misjudgement by Sam and his advisers.
“I’m angry at the whole situation.
"I didn't think England could stoop any lower from what happened in the summer at the Euros.
“Now here we are, a laughing... read more
- 08:23 Teenage girl left bruised after attempted robbery in Doncaster
- 08:22 Six-storey staff car park approved for Lancaster hospital
- 08:22 Ninja star confiscated from High Peak children
- 08:22 Crash blocks one lane of A50 causing delays
- 08:22 Alarm over decline in flying insects
- 08:21 Sellafield firefighters on strike again today
- 08:20 Man Utd angry at Jose Mourinho and consider replacing him with Luis...
- 08:20 Meet Britain's shortest servicewoman - and she's from Lincolnshire
- 08:20 Arsenal news LIVE updates: Keane blast, Chambers injury blow,...
- 08:19 Granville Academy, in Woodville, closed for rest of week after...
- 08:18 Huge 75-tonne delivery to Hull will cause massive delays on roads
- 08:18 Bingo! Leeds jobs bonanza just the tonic
- 08:16 Inquest into Cumbrian mum's death hears of further hospital errors
- 08:16 Arsenal are behind ‘most teams in the Premier League’, claims...
- 08:16 BBC Breakfast: Naga Munchetty DEMANDS answers in heated Brexit...
- 08:15 Barcelona join the race to sign Tottenham star Harry Kane
- 08:13 You’re going to be obsessed with this Instagram dedicated to...
- 08:13 Country glory in the glens
- 08:11 Plucky Blackpool hotelier uses Google to catch burglar
- 08:11 Mum-of-two fights back from breast cancer at age of 30
- 08:11 Here's how schools are supporting transgender and non-binary pupils
- 08:11 Pervert who lives near three Whitley Bay schools caught with...
- 08:11 Meet the Newcastle couple who quit their jobs to play poker
- 08:11 Is Mersey Gateway bridge "milking the motorist" or "technology at...
- 08:10 Just one yoga class and one jogging session a week can HALF your...
- 08:10 One in five women who use sunbeds are 'tanorexics' - and it is most...
- 08:10 Forget 10,000 steps! Walking anywhere - even for five minutes -...
- 08:09 Owner of Suzanne's Skin Specialist reassures customers after...
- 08:06 Teenage girl left bruised after attempted robbery in Doncaster
- 08:06 Motorcyclist collides with van in Lancaster