Allardyce scandal has left England a ‘laughing stock’ of world football, claims Shearer
Allardyce lost his job as Three Lions boss last night following a newspaper sting in which he offered advice to bogus businessmen related to transfers.
His tenure lasted just 67 days and he oversaw one game - a 1-0 World Cup 2018 qualifying win against Slovakia.
Shearer, who scored 30 goals in 63 international appearances for England, told BBC Radio 5 Live: “It's incredible and a catastrophic misjudgement by Sam and his advisers.
“I’m angry at the whole situation.
"I didn't think England could stoop any lower from what happened in the summer at the Euros.
“Now here we are, a laughing... read more
- 19:48 Obama, cyber security panel chair to meet on Friday: White House
- 19:43 Man knocked out by attacker in Corby
- 19:42 US STOCKS-Wall St edges lower as banks lose steam
- 19:40 Royal officials in a flap as Harry's car suffers flag malfunction...
- 19:40 Christoper Magee and his conspirators were snared by these shocking...
- 19:36 Chelsea transfer target James Rodriguez not happy at Real Madrid,...
- 19:36 A turtle and terrapin were left alone in an ice cream tub at...
- 19:35 Update: Woman taken to hospital after collision with car in Burton
- 19:35 This woman born without a vagina now hopes to start a family
- 19:35 This guy has created the most Australian Christmas tree ever out...
- 19:32 PNE boss wants players to step up
- 19:32 West Ham train at London Stadium as Dimitri Payet and Co bid to...
- 19:32 Brexit EU customs union deal possible - trade minister
- 19:28 Mall of America hires its first ever black Santa and it’s a pretty...
- 19:28 Third time lucky? Iceland's Pirate party given chance to form...
- 19:28 Tiger Woods on the charge with seven birdies during impressive...
- 19:24 Alcohol-related crime, lost output and ill health costs UK £52bn a...
- 19:22 Opposition preview: can Paul Warne galvanise struggling Rotherham...
- 19:22 Staffordshire Police appeal for help in finding missing Rebekah Gemza
- 19:22 Police work to identify person hit by train near Stafford station
- 19:21 Final dress rehearsal for Scunthorpe Pantomime - pictures
- 19:21 Brigg and Winterton Christmas lights switch-on - pictures
- 19:20 Why ARE probiotic yogurts so good for us? Scientists have finally...
- 19:19 First aid champion dies at 78
- 19:18 Festive fun as Hartlepool Christmas lights are switched on
- 19:17 Two collisions on roads in just over an hour
- 19:15 BREAKING: Seven people taken hostage by armed man in Paris
- 19:15 What Derby folk can expect from the new-look Blue Peter pub?
- 19:15 I was wrong to vote against gay marriage says Burton MP Andrew...
- 19:15 Huge turn-out for A Street Cat Named Bob book signing at Intu Derby