All aboard! Singapore will begin self-driving bus trials: Autonomous vehicles could ease congestion
In 2015, Singapore was named one of the 12 most technologically advanced countries in the world.
And the country's latest project shows that it is still at the forefront of innovative technology.
Self-driving buses will soon begin testing in Singapore in the hope of dealing with the challenges posed by its limited land and labour.
Scroll down for video
WHY DOES SINGAPORE WANT SELF-DRIVING BUSES? The country has several reasons for beginning the bus trial, including:
- Prompting residents to use more shared vehicles and public transport
- Improve road safety
- Reduce vehicle congestion
-... read more
- 14:23 Children are ‘putting their lives at risk’ drinking Purple Drank
- 14:23 Jean Claude Juncker says UK would be better off if he was...
- 14:23 Man who threatened city shopkeeper with gun is now behind bars
- 14:24 Bradley Lowery's mum 'blown away' during visit to Welsh cancer centre
- 14:23 German Shepherd shot three times protecting 16-year-old owner...
- 14:23 Coventry Cathedral opens book of condolence for public to sign
- 14:23 Council leader re-bailed by police
- 14:23 Rugby teams out to promote equality
- 14:23 China's school for VIDEO GAMERS: Fascinating pictures show young...
- 14:23 Sir Vince Cable visits Harrogate to kick-start election campaigning
- 14:23 What riding the Hyperloop will really be like: Virgin unveils its...
- 14:23 Leeds jobs hope as M621 Lidl and retail park plans are lodged
- 14:23 Bradley Lowery's mum 'blown away' during visit to Welsh cancer centre
- 14:22 Planning applications: What is being built where you live?
- 14:22 Number of leading ladies in film falls, study suggests
- 14:21 Arsenal draw AC Milan in the Europa League - how the fans reacted
- 14:21 Ambulances still taking longer than expected to reach patients
- 14:20 Rugby teams out to promote equality
- 14:20 Historic pictures from the archive as Leeds prepares for the big chill
- 14:20 Driver banned for having no insurance or licence
- 14:19 Antonio Conte predicts how Manchester United will line-up against...
- 14:19 Sixteen stunning houses on sale for £2 million or more
- 14:19 Italian election: 'I'll take back control!' Frontrunner uses Brexit...
- 14:19 Drumbeat of war is LOUDER: Israel and Iran on brink of starting...
- 14:19 Leisure centre works are now able to continue
- 14:19 Rugby teams out to promote equality
- 14:18 Rugby teams out to promote equality
- 14:18 Crackdown on parking outside town schools
- 14:18 What Mark Lawrenson and Paul Merson are predicting from this...
- 14:18 Council tax will rise in High Peak by nearly 3%