All aboard! Singapore will begin self-driving bus trials: Autonomous vehicles could ease congestion
In 2015, Singapore was named one of the 12 most technologically advanced countries in the world.
And the country's latest project shows that it is still at the forefront of innovative technology.
Self-driving buses will soon begin testing in Singapore in the hope of dealing with the challenges posed by its limited land and labour.
Scroll down for video
WHY DOES SINGAPORE WANT SELF-DRIVING BUSES? The country has several reasons for beginning the bus trial, including:
- Prompting residents to use more shared vehicles and public transport
- Improve road safety
- Reduce vehicle congestion
-... read more
- 10:30 'You can babysit for Cheryl': Brian Friedman awkwardly answers...
- 10:30 Train smashes into car on level crossing at 100mph – moments after...
- 10:30 Scientists say nuts to heart disease
- 10:30 Update 4.40pm: Man dies in road accident at Sibsey, near Boston
- 10:29 Video: Full route for 2017 Tour de Yorkshire cycle race
- 10:28 City Hospital bosses should be ashamed over Archway of Tears...
- 10:28 QUIZ: Sweeter side of 'have cake and eat it'
- 10:28 Scientists say nuts to heart disease
- 10:28 QUIZ: Mark World Ninja Day by checking which keyboard warrior you are
- 10:28 New future for Birmingham's Axis building unveiled
- 10:27 Afghan migrant arrested after rape and murder of EU official’s...
- 10:26 Crash blocks off A151 in Lincolnshire town
- 10:25 Japan PM to visit Hawaii to remember Pearl Harbor victims with Obama
- 10:24 The best seats in the sky: Top 10 airline cabins for first,...
- 10:23 Greece can be competitive once makes reforms - Schaeuble
- 10:22 Bad Aibling train crash: German controller jailed
- 10:22 Bin set alight on Doncaster playground
- 10:22 Lorry catches alight on M1
- 10:22 Couple appeal for help to identify their dog's mystery illness
- 10:20 47-year-old man charged with maritime offence as man remains...
- 10:20 New study reveals lack of awareness from parents at spotting...
- 10:20 Horton’s Endoscopy unit opens after £2.7 million revamp
- 10:19 Swadlincote salon appeals for help raising money for community...
- 10:19 Find out the locations of speed cameras across Derbyshire this week
- 10:19 New study reveals lack of awareness from parents at spotting...
- 10:19 FEATURE: Case studies of exotic pets rescued by Ark Wildlife Park
- 10:18 Bank announces shock closure of 14 branches
- 10:17 This website will find you freelancers who’ll work for free
- 10:16 Man arrested following high street bank robbery
- 10:15 DEBATE: Should drug booths be set up in nightclubs?