All aboard! Singapore will begin self-driving bus trials: Autonomous vehicles could ease congestion
In 2015, Singapore was named one of the 12 most technologically advanced countries in the world.
And the country's latest project shows that it is still at the forefront of innovative technology.
Self-driving buses will soon begin testing in Singapore in the hope of dealing with the challenges posed by its limited land and labour.
Scroll down for video
WHY DOES SINGAPORE WANT SELF-DRIVING BUSES? The country has several reasons for beginning the bus trial, including:
- Prompting residents to use more shared vehicles and public transport
- Improve road safety
- Reduce vehicle congestion
-... read more
- 08:13 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel news, weather and fun features
- 08:13 Huge Lillington regeneration plans could be abandoned
- 08:13 Wasps is fastest growing company in the region
- 08:13 Chelsea set to hijack Manchester United’s world-record move for...
- 08:12 People are filled with guilt thanks to this sign thanking everyone...
- 08:12 ISIS says it was behind London terror attack
- 08:12 Barrow mums speak of breastfeeding pride as figures reveal town has...
- 08:12 Figures show huge rise in child sex abuse cases in Lancashire
- 08:11 Cousin of tragic Mikala Ireland to run London Marathon in her memory
- 08:11 UFC want half of Conor McGregor's purse if he fights Floyd...
- 08:10 Exclusive: Ed Sheeran moved to tears by Liberia trip
- 08:10 Mel B timed her divorce to Stephen Belafonte so she could hang onto...
- 08:10 Stephanie Davis shares very intimate photo of the moment baby son...
- 08:10 Live updates: Westminster terrorist Khalid Masood unmasked as...
- 08:09 Guest column: Shale gas application was a complex call for everyone
- 08:08 Premier League stats: Top passers this season revealed with one...
- 08:08 Lewis Hamilton makes statement about world title in Australian...
- 08:07 A590 closed at Lindal tonight 8pm-6am but road fully reopens...
- 08:07 Former Cumbria chief constable to lead response to Westminster...
- 08:07 Green light for measures aimed at cutting Cartmel congestion
- 08:07 Inspectors visit Dalton zoo ahead of fresh licence application
- 08:07 Young Barrow woman's life cut short after battle with addiction
- 08:07 Hundreds turn out to say goodbye to Sunderland dad Lee Downey
- 08:07 Alliance Trust Savings returns to full-year profit
- 08:06 Author Bill Bryson names St Andrew’s Church in Whissendine as one...
- 08:06 Roosting pigeons leave St Mary’s Church in Stamford with £30,000...
- 08:06 Villages such as Measham to become 'meat in noisy sandwich' over...
- 08:06 Campaigners hit out at Florida Farm decision
- 08:06 Bank branch to close its doors in September
- 08:06 Number of child sex offences recorded in Derbyshire drops