All aboard! Singapore now to try out self-driving buses
Singapore signed an agreement on Wednesday to start testing self-driving buses, as the city-state pushes ahead with its vision of using autonomous technology to help deal with the challenges posed by its limited land and labor.
Countries around the world are encouraging the development of such technologies, and high-density Singapore is hoping driverless vehicles will prompt its residents to use more shared vehicles and public transport.
"They say big dreams start small, so we are collaborating with NTU (Nanyang Technological University) on an autonomous bus trial, starting with two... read more
- 14:20 COOKING WITH THE CHARLES: French strawberry tart
- 14:20 Row over volunteer role hits Bridlington Lifeboat
- 14:20 Bonmarche finds good market online
- 14:20 Guy Verhofstadt: Scotland ‘obliged to follow’ Brexit decision
- 14:19 Royal Highland Show 2018: Everything you need to know
- 14:19 Cough syrup recall over mould risk from ingredients
- 14:19 Council demanded payment card details via email
- 14:19 Mystery of unknown woman found dead and severely decomposed
- 14:17 Honest charity workers hand in envelope stacked with £3,600 in cash
- 14:17 Young motorcyclist critical after collision with a Land Rover in...
- 14:17 World Cup Wolves: Ten players that Nuno Espirito Santo could keep...
- 14:17 Warning issued over bogus bins in Solihull
- 14:17 New video flies through £700m Paradise project
- 14:17 Dear Alan Sugar, this is why your tweet about Senegal’s World Cup...
- 14:16 £847,000 of changes for 'accident blackspot' in Rugby
- 14:16 Bongo's Bingo's back!
- 14:16 Ribbon cut on new Lichfield One city centre housing development
- 14:15 Devastated couple plan to leave their Pendle home of 50 years after...
- 14:15 Career crook smashed Burnley shop window
- 14:15 Burnley man 'bombarded' ex with calls and texts despite warning
- 14:14 Top Catalan chef Joan Roca defends decision to host Spanish king
- 14:14 Fake 'tweet' claims 999 operators swamped by Kasbah closure calls
- 14:14 Here's why Midlands bus users are being offered free tickets
- 14:13 World Cup group D: Argentina vs. Croatia team news, kick-off time...
- 14:13 Passenger flights at Prestwick Airport to end?
- 14:11 Dead UK fighter was 'outstanding hero', coroner says
- 14:11 Chester FC could be forced to admit defeat in bid to land Jason Oswell
- 14:11 Huge group of parents filmed brawling at under-12s softball game
- 14:09 Devastated couple plan to leave their Pendle home of 50 years after...
- 14:08 Vault 7: CIA engineer Joshua Schulte charged with data leak