Alison is a living kidney donor
0 Have your say A Woodhall Spa woman has become one of the first 500 people across the UK to donate a kidney to a stranger.
Alison Keegan (60), who is a community first responder, donated her kidney in 2015 at Nottingham City Hospital.
It is known as non-directed (altruistic) living kidney donation and Alison is part of a campaign to highlight the procedure.
“There are currently more than 5,000 people waiting for a kidney in the UK and around 300 people die each year in need of one,” she said.
“Donating a kidney was a little scary, exciting and above all a great privilege.”
It is 10 years... read more
- 20:50 Gower: Mystery sea creature washes up on Rhossili beach
- 20:50 Cardiff venue apologises for 'neo-Nazi' Infernal War gig
- 20:43 Brennan bags two medals at European Masters Championships
- 20:40 Sainsbury’s refuses to budge in changes to staff contracts
- 20:40 School vice-principal ‘offered to coach star footballer, 16, then...
- 20:40 Lyon sweep to Women’s Champions League win over 10-player Wolfsburg
- 20:38 Corbyn's reasoned approach in Belfast contrasts with the cynicism...
- 20:36 Morgan Freeman apologises after sex harassment claims
- 20:36 Michael ‘Venom’ Page on David Rickels: My whole fight is one big...
- 20:32 Burglars flee Carlisle store with haul of Hugo Boss clothing
- 20:26 Sheffield man charged with murder as first picture of dead toddler...
- 20:24 Back-to-school day for Stokes and Buttler hit by lack of homework
- 20:22 Paul Pogba next club odds: One Premier League side among favourites...
- 20:22 Sheffield man charged with murder as first picture of dead toddler...
- 20:20 Putting Lancashire’s charity money in the right place
- 20:14 The 'supercave' that can fit four Great Pyramids inside: Incredible...
- 20:14 Spectacular footage taken from a helicopter captures a newly...
- 20:14 Mark Zuckerberg is accused of 'weaponizing' Facebook user data and...
- 20:14 Sheffield man charged with murder as first picture of dead toddler...
- 20:09 Putting Lancashire’s charity money in the right place
- 20:07 Family pay £1.6m for teeth whitener scam at Royal Welsh
- 20:06 Book review Flawed visions of achieving the 'common good'
- 20:06 Book review Between a rock and a poetic place
- 20:06 Book review Cortazar takes the pulse of a continent
- 20:06 Book review Train hits the buffers
- 20:06 Book review Interpreting the past, shaping the future
- 20:06 Film of the week Solo squib
- 20:05 Michael Douglas accuser on alleged sexual harassment: 'I was...
- 20:04 Lucas Bjerregaard leads at Wentworth as Rory McIlroy laments...
- 19:57 Sheffield man charged with murder as first picture of dead toddler...