Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain: Why I rejected Manchester United and Tottenham to sign for Arsenal
Arsenal midfielder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has revealed the chance to join Manchester United and Tottenham – because of Arsene Wenger.
The 23-year-old moved to the Gunners on a £12million deal from Southampton in 2011 and had attracted interest from a host of Premier League clubs.
The winger revealed yesterday that he may have to leave the Emirates this summer in the search for first-team football but he remains one of the brightest English talents.
Manchester United, Spurs and Liverpool had all made moves for Oxlade-Chamberlain before his move to the Gunners but the winger, who was... read more
- 13:05 You wouldn't want the aisle seat on this flight! Passenger captures...
- 13:05 Transfer News: Chelsea done deal, Man United and Arsenal open...
- 13:05 Sky Sports journalist: Liverpool will complete this transfer deal...
- 13:05 Nottingham to host live murder mystery game that is a cross between...
- 13:05 The never-ending honeymoon: Newlyweds spend SEVEN months...
- 13:05 Here are the dates for the next property auctions in Nottingham?
- 13:05 Terror suspect downloaded propaganda because he was 'simply...
- 13:05 Why we need to talk about mental health issues in young people
- 13:05 100 Scots patients spent 12 hours in A&E in first week of 2017
- 13:04 Passengers face struggle to catch bus after stop disappears
- 13:04 Theresa May confirms that UK will quit European single market
- 13:04 FEATURE: A look at the incredible work Worksop charity JOEL is...
- 13:04 Watch: Dramatic footage shows devastation at Small Heath Citroen...
- 13:04 New Laws for Wales in 2017 and how they will impact YOU
- 13:04 PM’s 12 terms for Brexit - and the speech in full
- 13:03 Pound soars as May pledges to avoid Brexit ‘cliff edge’
- 13:03 POLL: Is Theresa May right to leave the single market?
- 13:03 Guitar theft suspect arrested after Scarborough chase
- 13:01 Louis van Gaal failed at Manchester United but we should remember...
- 13:01 Novak Djokovic avoids repeat of Rafa Nadal slip up to vanquish...
- 13:01 Sheffield's Kelham Island named in top ten coolest places in Britain
- 13:01 Manchester United fear Memphis Depay may not leave Old Trafford in...
- 13:01 Ground broken on new £350m rail line
- 13:01 POLL: Is Theresa May right to leave the single market?
- 13:01 Missing man could be in Cumbria as police launch search to find him
- 13:01 Chelsea eyeing Felipe Anderson and Stefan de Vrij in double...
- 13:01 Concerns over council's £45,000 bill for Roman cavalry re-enactment...
- 13:01 Man missing for a month could be in Cumbria
- 13:00 Search ongoing for missing Whitley Bay man who 'requires medication'
- 13:00 Quad bike and tools stolen in Corbridge garage burglary