ALEX BRUMMER: Shameful behaviour of the giant outsourcing companies makes Corbyn's backward economics seem credible
The post-Thatcher revolution for the British economy has largely been about removing the heavy hand of the state and unleashing private enterprise.
It is on the back of this transformation that the UK has become a far more flexible economy and among the fastest growing in the Western world.
Key beneficiaries of this change have been the outsourcing companies G4S, Mitie, Serco and Capita.
They have taken the skills they learned in Britain and exported them to the rest of the world, becoming an important stream of overseas income.
It is a great pity then that the executives and boards in... read more
- 10:55 Caught by online ‘paedophile hunter’ group
- 10:55 Gadgets: 5 of the best virtual reality headsets
- 10:54 Alfie Evans’ parents to discuss taking son home
- 10:53 Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard considered by Rangers as potential...
- 10:53 A 'reward card scheme' proposed for good Birmingham citizens who...
- 10:53 Prince Harry asks William to be Best Man at Meghan Markle wedding
- 10:53 Should you date your best friend? These people say it’s the best...
- 10:53 New chair for Sellafield Ltd announced
- 10:53 Appeal to find man, 88, last seen at Killingworth Shopping Centre
- 10:52 Street marshals bolster police teams keeping revellers safe in...
- 10:51 Why Tube users are speaking up about invisible illnesses
- 10:51 In this week’s Herald . . .
- 10:51 Local solar energy project aims to give back to the community, as...
- 10:50 Street marshals bolster police teams keeping revellers safe in...
- 10:50 Police: Appeal to help find Prestwich man wanted on recall to prison
- 10:50 Burglaries at primary schools in Radcliffe and Little Lever
- 10:49 Helping Scarborough teenagers make a choice
- 10:49 Ribble Valley young talent perform at Blackburn Rovers game
- 10:48 Campaign of witness intimidation
- 10:47 CCTV released following attempted theft from B&Q
- 10:47 BBC pays out hardship money to 15 presenters embroiled in tax row
- 10:47 Fancy living in this Tolkien-style gentleman’s retreat in the North...
- 10:47 Humberside - the county no one loved
- 10:47 Street marshals bolster police teams keeping revellers safe in...
- 10:47 William to be best man at royal wedding
- 10:46 Three crashes lead to traffic chaos between Wellingborough and Rushden
- 10:46 Roy Keane tells Mohamed Salah what he must do to reach Lionel Messi...
- 10:46 Street marshals bolster police teams keeping revellers safe in...
- 10:45 Keir Starmer hits back at McCluskey in Labour antisemitism row
- 10:45 Gardening: 5 of the best barbecues