ALEX BRUMMER: May challenges Carney's policy of quantitative easing on the grounds it hurts savers
The International Monetary Fund is doing its best at this year's annual meetings here in Washington to rewrite a little history.
High-profile warnings in the Fund's annual report on the UK economy, published in the heat of the referendum campaign, have been rolled back with the Fund's top economists claiming they were 'pretty balanced' in setting out the soft landing view.
That is not how most of us remember it. Managing director Christine Lagarde likely will face tough questions today, when she has her opening press conference, on her memorable claim that Brexit will be 'pretty bad, to... read more
- 08:47 DR MAX: It makes my blood boil, the Muslim wives we doctors just...
- 08:46 BREAKING: Train derails and explodes into flames in Bulgaria,...
- 08:45 11 of the most bizarre yoga classes to have come out of 2016
- 08:44 Missing father Stephen Woolley's car is found
- 08:43 Burnley travel guru helps HQ to business award
- 08:39 QUICK QUIZ: Test your news knowledge
- 08:39 Men jailed for shoplifting in Buxton
- 08:39 A big cheer from Melton for Make It Happen 2016
- 08:37 What’s on in Derbyshire this weekend?
- 08:37 QUICK QUIZ: Test your news knowledge
- 08:33 Oil platforms could be left in the North Sea
- 08:31 This Chelsea ace is so good it's like having an extra player out...
- 08:27 Aga cooker sparks city centre house fire
- 08:27 Man goes missing from Nottinghamshire village
- 08:26 Elliot ready to return after nine months out
- 08:25 Students rise to the challenge at RAF base
- 08:25 Arsenal and Manchester United target Dimitri Payet available for...
- 08:24 ‘Bridlington is an amazing place with a lot to offer’
- 08:22 Four killed after train derails and explodes in Bulgaria
- 08:21 Grantham Journal column: We’re pushing to get new complex built
- 08:19 PHOTOS: Banbury Santas run for hospice
- 08:18 Can cyclists ride side-by-side on the road?
- 08:18 Racists force council to shut down Facebook fostering campaign for...
- 08:17 Warwick Town Centre plan approved
- 08:12 Downing Street invite for local business owner
- 08:12 WATCH: Winter Wonderland experience at Conkers
- 08:11 Residents' fury as diverted traffic from Telford's Limekiln Bank...
- 08:11 Meole Brace roundabout: 4,500 strong petition against work to be...
- 08:11 Future Fit: Shropshire MPs to meet Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt...
- 08:11 Jailed: Telford father and son who harassed witness at dangerous...