ALEX BRUMMER: Deutsche Bank is not Lehman Brothers but it's sliding share price cannot be ignored
Let's be clear. Deutsche Bank is not Lehman Brothers, the American investment bank that triggered the financial crisis eight years ago.
The US company was an over-borrowed investment firm with very little in the way of capital and solid deposits. Germany's leading bank has reasonably solid assets of €200billion but is short on capital.
What cannot be ignored is the long and speeding slide in the share price and, as significantly, safety net bonds known as CoCos.
Investors are plainly losing confidence in the ability of these bonds to protect them in a crisis as they are now trading weakly... read more
- 09:43 Sean is left hungry after sanctions stop his benefits
- 09:42 Seoul court approves winding down of Hanjin Shipping's four...
- 09:42 Halloween events across Lancashire
- 09:42 European bank stocks recoup post-Brexit losses
- 09:42 Prisons in England and Wales 'need to improve rehabilitation rates'
- 09:42 Lauri Love: MPs sign letter asking President Obama to block...
- 09:41 Children give verdict on Dreamflight delight
- 09:40 Young man denies frail Warwick pensioner’s manslaughter
- 09:39 BOSTON SATURDAY LEAGUE: Results
- 09:38 US 'consternation' over Philippines' Duterte comments
- 09:38 Other classic dating profile photos we’d like to see banned
- 09:37 Top 10 things to do at the weekend in Lancashire
- 09:37 ‘I was still grieving and football came second. We are not robots’
- 09:36 Space themed fireworks spectacular to end the Alton Towers season
- 09:35 Sunderland Council’s £4.1million windfall from Newcastle Airport...
- 09:35 Arsenal fan SLAMS supporters for celebrating being top of Premier...
- 09:35 X Factor hopeful Sam hopes she's a big enough diva
- 09:35 You won’t believe what a Man Utd star was seen doing with a Chelsea...
- 09:34 American sweet shop closes down in Northampton town centre
- 09:34 Curry house in Northampton shortlisted in Northamptonshire Food &...
- 09:34 Visitng team thanks minibus for rescuing Northampton club's FA Vase...
- 09:33 Celtic striker Moussa Dembele misses out on Golden Boy award as...
- 09:32 Less can be more...don't over-treat, top doctors warn
- 09:32 Campervan stolen from tourist hotspot
- 09:31 ‘Idiotic’ youths throw fireworks at cars in Brierfield
- 09:31 Choir a-chords landmark honour on Morris
- 09:31 Euro zone businesses have strongest month this year in October - PMI
- 09:30 Liverpool target Inaki Williams claims he’s set to snub Jurgen...
- 09:30 ‘I was still grieving and football came second. We are not robots’
- 09:30 Top 10 things to do at the weekend in Lancashire