Alert to parents after meningitis girl awarded £1 MILLION in damages
Scunthorpe-area parents have been warned to be aware of the symptoms of meningitis after a girl – who was so close to death from the killer bug that her family said their goodbyes – was awarded £1 million in damages.
Battling seven-year-old Alice-Rose Lloyd contracted the 'dreadful, insidious' infection when she was just over a year old in February 2010.
She became so ill that an organ donation team was on standby because doctors didn't expect her to make it.
But the plucky youngster beat the odds and survived.
More: Meningitis symptoms
Her lawyers sued a GP for alleged "negligent... read more
- 13:05 England v Italy in Six Nations 2017 - Kick-off time, teams and TV...
- 13:04 Landmark first for university department
- 13:04 Health kicks on offer at new Preston cafe
- 13:04 Samsung Display gets license to invest $2.5 billion more in...
- 13:03 Cloudflare bug data leak exposed
- 13:03 “Holy cr*p, people are stupid:” Walking Dead actor blasts minister...
- 13:03 Man jailed after Lapworth burglaries
- 13:03 Dad and unborn baby daughter to be buried together after...
- 13:02 Storm Doris: Your pictures reveal aftermath of 75mph winds that...
- 13:02 Police have sex while hearing of a robbery alert on cop radio in...
- 13:01 Long-suffering teen to finally receive life-saving kidney drug
- 13:01 Aide plays down reports Italy's Renzi wants June elections
- 13:01 Vienna court decides against detaining Ukrainian businessman Firtash
- 13:01 Students visit East Riding Apprenticeship Pathways event
- 13:01 How do you have yours? 12 ways to have pancakes this Shrove Tuesday
- 13:01 Vulcan bomber owners pledge aircraft's future to Doncaster - after...
- 13:01 Portugal could exit excessive deficit in spring - EU's Dombrovskis
- 13:00 EastEnders viewers crack up as Dot Branning accidentally looks up...
- 13:00 Chicken-lovers suspicious of KFC's 'clean-eating' burger made with...
- 12:59 Arsenal ready to battle Chelsea with approach for Monaco’s...
- 12:59 Bird flu confirmed near Cumbria
- 12:58 Politically Speaking: I will keep fighting for our local NHS services
- 12:57 Traders angry over fees for advertising boards
- 12:57 Man found dead on Cannock Chase
- 12:57 Sour grapes? Not if the central bank has your back
- 12:57 Line-ups: Arsenal name Under-23s side to face Chelsea, first-team...
- 12:57 Slaven Bilic hits out about Arsene Wenger and Arsenal: West Ham...
- 12:56 Hundreds of fish killed as lake is electrocuted by thieves
- 12:56 Chelsea transfer blow: Defender reveals he will consider summer exit
- 12:56 Anti-racism activist chanted ‘here comes the house negro’ at...