Aleppo civilians into Syrian government-controlled areas
Hundreds of Syrian civilians have fled into government-controlled areas of Aleppo as troops make advances against rebels in the east of the city.
The move to western Aleppo came after troops retook Hanano district, the largest controlled by the rebels.
The capture of Hanano gives the army an advantage in its drive to seize other opposition-held areas.
Some 275,000 people are under siege as the army's offensive - now in its 13th day - is intensified.
The assault has killed 219 civilians, the UK-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights says.
Among the victims were 27 children, the monitoring... read more
- 12:26 VIDEO: Relaunched charity shop brings quality goods to South Yorkshire
- 12:25 Dr Martens boosted by rising full-year sales and profits after Asia...
- 12:25 Awkward moment Ben Shephard grills Davood Ghadami over Strictly...
- 12:25 Louise Redknapp ‘house-hunting’ in London with new BFF Daisy Lowe
- 12:24 How record signing Matej Vydra has emerged from the shadows at...
- 12:24 Toback: 200 more women contact LA Times about harassment
- 12:24 MP says local taxpayers should not pay to police national fracking...
- 12:24 Kelly Clarkson: 'When I was really skinny I wanted to kill myself'
- 12:24 Halloween in The Octagon shopping centre in Burton this half term
- 12:23 Burton Albion players to raise money for Children in Need with...
- 12:23 Why armed police officers are also 999 life-savers
- 12:23 Lincolnshire has second biggest pothole problem in East Midlands
- 12:21 Fantastic! Poppy Prom tops £40,000 to support our war veterans
- 12:20 £300k investment in Chester car dealership site
- 12:20 Train fire caused disruption between Chester and Crewe
- 12:20 Budding Barra footballer makes 320-mile round-trip to mainland for...
- 12:20 Hundreds of jobs up for grabs in and around Derbyshire
- 12:20 Man City vs Wolves: Guardiola's dilemma; Nuno's positive approach;...
- 12:19 Michael Winner: Coronation Street actress claims director told her...
- 12:19 Leicester drop plans to appeal Adrien Silva's registration to CAS...
- 12:19 Company donates defibrillator to community
- 12:19 Daydreaming brain network used in autopilot
- 12:18 Last ever Inspector George Gently episode gets its TV date - find...
- 12:17 Ulverston man to appear in court after alleged £16,000 theft
- 12:17 Three inch pocket knife lands man in court
- 12:17 Alleged heroin and crack cocaine dealer in Barrow to appear in court
- 12:17 Driver accused of not paying for petrol three times in Barrow
- 12:17 'David and Goliath' victory stops hundreds of homes being built at...
- 12:17 PICTURES: 31 stone Sheffield man to star in new TV show filmed at...
- 12:17 Company donates defibrillator to community