Alcoholic burglar caught by DNA after taking swig from a bottle of sherry
A thirsty burglar who damaged 18th century windows as he smashed his way into a former Fartown vicarage was caught – after helping himself to a bottle of sherry.
Alcoholic Marcin Kramarski couldn’t remember breaking into the historic house which dates back to 1790.
He was snared by his DNA after taking a swig from a bottle of Coleburn sherry.
Kirklees magistrates jailed the self-employed gardener for more than six months after he admitted burglary.
Prosecutor Andy Wills said that the raid on the five bedroom property on Woodhouse Hill happened on October 5.
The old vicarage was described as... read more
- 06:32 Former Celtic goalie Rab Douglas slams financial advisors who...
- 06:32 Cops armed with guns and tasers could soon be dealing with speeding...
- 06:32 Former Rangers administrator's £9 million lawsuit against top cop...
- 06:32 Twisted hoax caller who claimed he had 15-year-old girl's body in...
- 06:32 Storm mayhem turns 90 minute ferry trip into 24 hour ordeal for...
- 06:32 Simon Thomas says heartbreaking farewell to wife who died from...
- 06:29 Man City news and transfer rumours LIVE Pep Guardiola updates and...
- 06:29 Man City sent a Tottenham a warning ahead of Premier League clash
- 06:29 One Manchester United player may change Jose Mourinho's transfer plans
- 06:28 Man Utd news: Jose Mourinho has a lot of enemies, Man City incident...
- 06:28 A-levels 2017: One in four expected to achieve top A-level grades
- 06:26 Spy in the camp: It's promotion or bust for Aston Villa boss Steve...
- 06:26 Kids battling cancer will be given superhero radiotherapy masks
- 06:24 Effort is needed on challenge to defeat loneliness
- 06:22 Brexit cafe to heal referendum wounds
- 06:20 Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp is among the best on the planet -...
- 06:20 ‘We’ve beaten cancer – now for the marathon’
- 06:19 Transport cash funding targeted by MPs upset over region’s share
- 06:19 Manchester City’s plan for global domination
- 06:19 Sunderland mum qualifies as city’s first female Asian driving...
- 06:19 Teacher banned for life from classroom after affair with...
- 06:19 Sunderland man caught dumping rubbish outside of neighbour's home
- 06:19 Almost 80 youths identified by police over trouble in town
- 06:19 Jim Duffy: How Tech Gods have taken over a low-tax Mount Olympus
- 06:19 John McLaren: Income tax changes have economic and political risks
- 06:19 David Bell: Tax re-jig brings modest returns but rich in symbolism
- 06:17 Effort is needed on challenge to defeat loneliness
- 06:17 High praise for Yorkshire fare in comprehensive new foodie poll
- 06:17 Liverpool news LIVE updates: Barcelona Coutinho rebellion, Pele...
- 06:17 Desborough woman stole £25,000 from man with dementia